Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Martha's Vineyard trip in mid May

3 posts in this topic

Joey, myself a few other yakkers are going to hit the Vineyard the week of May 12-18. So we're letting you guys know. All are invited. We'll be staying in a rented house. If we get enough yakkers we can rent a dive boat and hit the Elizabeth Islands for a day. With the season running so early it should be June fishing with May crowds or should I say lack of crowds. What's so nice about pre Memorial Day is that there are many places that we can drive to and fish that close from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Also we don't need a beach permit to drive all the beaches. Last spring I got my 15 largest stripers with several around the 40" mark and a couple that exceeded it.

Looking forward to it.

JonS-

I may be interested in going over and meeting up with fellow SOL members for 2 or 3 days. I'm new to kayaking but not to fishing and I won't slow you down. I live right here in Mass but I don't know the island at all. I'll be spending the week prior to those dates fishing the canal with 3 other SOL members so maybe I'll extend a few more days. Let me see how much vacation time I would have to use and get back to you.

I'm checking on the few day option. I'll get back to you. So the canal before. Maybe I can join you for a day or two. I've never fished the canal.