Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javier

Bicycle trailer to carry a kayak?

12 posts in this topic

After reading the excellent thread on homemade kayak carts, I was wondering if some of you could provide links to homemade bicycle trailers to carry a kayak.

Thanks.

Javier

Woodbridge, VA

Javier, I'm in Fairfax, VA! Where do you fish? Can't help you with the bike trailor link, I'm not really sure what you are talking about. If you ever want to fish together, let me know.

MikeC

MikeC,

I am just a beginner at kayak fishing. I own a Wilderness System Mallard I bought from Galyians at Fairfax.

I have fished at: Dickerson, MD; Goose Creek, VA; Kanes Creek (Mason Neck Park), Woodbridge, VA.

I fish mostly for smallmouth and/or bluegills but will fish other species too.

What is you story? Are you a member of the PRSC club (www.prsc.org)?

Javier

Woodbridge, VA

Javier, I'm no expert at this stuff.

I've been doing the yak fishing thing for about a year and a half now.

I fish lots of places. I fish out on the Chesapeake bay a lot, down in Nags Head(Ocean and sound), up in NJ at Ocean City and Brigantine Island. Basically where ever I have the best chance at catching is where I go.

I have recently made up my mind that I'm gonna really learn how to fish the Potomac. I haven't really spent much time fishing the Potomac, and it's about time I take advantage of my local waters and save myself some driving.

I'm planning on exploring the Occoquan river this Sat. or Sun. depending on the weather and other obligations. If you are interested in fishing together just let me know. You can post back here, or just PM me.

MikeC

Jon, you are correct! I'm not good with keeping track of time.

So it's been a year! I guess it's all the trips that I did this spring that make it seem much longer!

Found this thing called the equinox tourlite. Looks flimsy. There is a great photo of a trailer on the old fishing fools site but icanoe-3r.jpg

t no longer exists.

------------------

Dave Collinsupload.gif