Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimW

Another way to get yr wife to let you fish

15 posts in this topic

Sounds like a good idea, but wait until you have to retie her knots, undo her tangles, take her fish off the hook, buy another set of your lures for her (if you catch a fish, she's going to want that lure and you have to give it to her - this is not one of your buddies), leave early because it's too cold, windy, etc., I'm tired - let's go home, having to go fishing when you don't want to go (yes it happens). All this and more awaits you. Been there with a canoe lake fishing with the wife and can't see doing that in a Kyyak. Lots of luck. The smartest thing to do would be to teach her how to tie her own knots, my wife insists on me tying hers. Oh I forgot to mention that your little private world of fishing, your escape, will be gone and fishing will become an extension of being her "manslave". Lots of luck again.

Glazehead, I hope it doesn't go that way or I'll just have to knuckle under with humility. The idea is to go places together to camp or sightsee where the paddling and fishing are good. She doesn't fish and I don't think she'll like the hours I go. The invitation to come along in itself should work wonders but I think we'll have fun paddling around during the middle of the day when fishing is marginal anyway, try for some quality time. So most of the time I'll have a choice of which boat to fish or a loaner for fishing buddies who haven't come over to the dark side yet. I think the idea of individual boats is far better, gives her some independence. If I am fishing she can wander around the shore a little and not be trapped in the same boat with a fisherman running the same rip over and over again.

Duly noted about the lures, though, if she does fish I'll only use what I have in doubles. wink.gif

Ummmm, what do you do with the kids, leave em on the beach? smile.gif

Nah, just lash a couple inner tubes to the ol' ladies yak and pull em along. wink.gif

------------------

yueng.gifneeds_a_shave.gif

#371 wink.gif

I've gotta admit, my girl is the BEST!!!!

She has NO interest in fishing, only wants to yak on occassion and has NEVER, EVER tried to dissuade me from hitting the water.biggrin.gif

Her philosophy: "If my husband is happy, I'm happy!"

I'm serious!!!!

Gotta go!

Laundry is done!!wink.gif

Actually leave the wife out of it and just buy one for the kid. My daughter likes to fish and when I told her I was getting a yak she flipped when I told her that I'd get her one too. How can my wife turn me down when I want to go on another father/daughter outing??

My wife only wants me home when I'm done fishing. She says I'm in a better mood and I am. I taught my wife to surf fish, tie her own knots, take fish off, hook eels the right way and fish at any time I picked. After a 18 year of fishing from NJ to Cape Cod she had to quit but doesn't care if I go. Just include you wife and family, let them work out the day while you're fishing. When you come into shore, have some eats, talk, have a drink...enjoy the time. If they aren't into it then tell them you have time to fish and time for them. I took my daughter fishing when she was 4 and at 15 she had friends to hang with so she didn't come so he mother took over (my first wife was not into fishing much). You gotta be happy!

Just be real cranky around the house and shell bring you your rod and keys. Works like a charm. Our best seller for wives and kids is only $290 including a paddle.

Barrell