Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doug

Transducer mounting

7 posts in this topic

Just took the kayak off the truck for the season.Its been up there since March exept for about 2 weeks.I keep it upside down. FYI I just checked the transducer inside the hull to see if there was any seperation.It is on there without so much as a stress crack.I used marine GOOP.Sanded the hull lightly then cleaned with acetone & let it sit for 3 days before I took it out.So far so good.Just another option.

I would not sand the puck. I would clean it really well (thrice) with alcohol. There really shouldn't be that much load on the bondline, so no need to go that far. If you do, just use a fine grit scotch brite. Certainly not coarse sandpaper. Just my 2 cents.

Scotch Brite it is!

Is there any reason I should not use bubble wrap in my batt. box to keep the batt. stable?

I would really prefer foam but I'm having trouble finding it.

Bubble wrap is everywhere!

I would really prefer foam but I'm having trouble finding it.

DasBoot,

Go to home depot and buy a foam kneeling pad in the gardening department and cut that up. Also, check dumpsters behind computer stores. Mucho Foam there!!(not styro tho)

The best deal is the "EVA" foam that the non-skinned boogie boards are made from and that you can find at Costco in-season.

[This message has been edited by sharp1 (edited 01-10-2002).]