Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diamondwrapper

YAk fish

6 posts in this topic

Took the Swing into Long Island Sound this afternoon. Had a dozen Fluke up to 16", a few giant Sea Robins, Two small Blues, and some Porgies like I never caught from shore. I must have had over a dozen big ones with two around 12 " and one at 15". That last one even moved the yak around. Had one small Bass as I came back into the river ( you figure the spot)smile.gif

------------------

John

Ronkonkoma

LIBBA 440

MSC 791

SOL ?

Nice catch! icon14.gif I NARROWLY avoided the skunk today, trolled up a flounder on my way in to the truck. Oh..and my girlfriend outfished me. But that's ok...it's all JoeB's fault. cwm13.gif

DougC-

Think how I'm gonna feel when my gf reads this. icon15.gif Glad to hear you avoided the skunk.gif

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

[This message has been edited by JoeB (edited 07-08-2002).]

She should get after you Joe. I see there are yaks for sale in the buy/sell forum and yet you have not made a move yet. wink.gif Whatcha waitin' for?? tongue.gif

We went looking for a new spot and wound up around Ocean City. We were mainly using Fin-S-Fish on 1/4 ounce jigheads. I have been thinking about trying bait, still no bait on my lines. Jamie caught two nice weakies about 1.5 pounders gorged with the lil fishes that were all over the place about an inch and a half long. It was not the best of days but it was still fun. She loves it which makes me very happy.

Now she needs to learn to unhook em. smile.gif

Ouch. When you say things like that it hurts me... cwm27.gifwink.gif

Trust me, I think I was online the second SwFly posted his Explorer for sale. I was on the phone 2.5 seconds after that checking with Kristy to see if we had a go or not. It's the end of the semester for us, so the loan $$ is low. frown.gif

Soon enough, though. I have it in the back of my head that the Fall Run will see her with a kayak.

Resist the call of bait, DougC. Glad to hear you guys are still fishing and enjoying yourselves. And I agree, the unhooking skill is one that definately needs to be learned.