Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Pine Barrens

15 posts in this topic

born & raised in pinewald section of bayville. cedar creek was in my backyard i know it well as well as the bogs of double trouble state park. infested w/picks. caught a timber rattler there once.

no yak yet tho, still a landdweller. i could tell you where to lauch, etc. i find that they start getting active in feb but i guess you could piss one off now too.

shoot me an email if you want more info

TW i guess pickerel infested bogs aint much leverage is it? well i been followin jons posts for a while. i think alot like him in the out of the way, overlooked, & restricted places. and more importantly i keep my mouth shut about those places

i bet we both hit at least a few of the same spots already. he's one guy i really look fwd to talking to and hopefully learning something from. my only fishin partner in the last 10 years on such places has been my dad. i'd put them in the vault, but its up to him to decide if he feels me, a fellow SOL bretheren trustworthy of such valuable info.

Tim charector reference? wink.gif

Otter,

Jon and I fish together when we can. He's the real deal. Like you and Jon I love the out of the way places. Hope we can all throw a line together some day. My wife has family in Cape May. I pass the Barrens every time I go down there. One day I would love to make a pit stop.

Brian

TWF

TW yer in man, i look fwd to it. lets all stay in touch and look for a few 50 deg. days in a row (or as soon as i get my yak). i'm sure we could make a day of it or even just a quick shot. alot of people canoe & yakin the crik in summer (none fishin btw). its a rare beaut of a creek, clean cedar water and holds some big toothy ones.

JON BOY ;If you go into the PINES ...rent a canoe, for $32 they drive you in and pick you up down river.The place ain't for a yak when you bottom out it's a lot easier to push in a canoe.

hey sharky nice pic! reminds me of home biggrin.gif

that particular bog is fishless as it gets drained to let them berries grow.

barrell- you in on the piney fling! maybe we should take it to a bigger place like Oswego, specially after i got a look at the baseball bats in that place cwm24.gif