Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottO

Milford on Monday

3 posts in this topic

Santiago II and myself will be at milford 0630 tomorrow. Will try there for awhile, if lousy will travel a little bit easterly in search of birds. Anyone interested?

I may try a run over to Branford on Monday. Not sure when. Milford's been leaving me dry too much lately. I've not fished Branford much, and have heard good reports (fish and bait, not just bait) from that a-way. Has anyone tried to nudge their way into Millstone recently? Still haven't caught an albie ever

Arnie,

Nice yakking with you today! Although next time we're going to catch the big fish- rightwink.gif Anyways, Millstone is questionable! The big boss, Bill Matthews (Top man at Millstone) seems to think it is ok to fish the discharge (he told me this personnally), but security still tells you to go away and the DEP and coast Guard have helped them. I have spoken to several guys that have told me that they have fished solid time frames with no one bothering them. My advice, for what it is worth, is give it a shot during the weekdays, but don't waste your time on the weekends. Also, if you do go and they kick you out, try blackfish off the point. just line up the big tower with the antennae (stay in that line) and work your way away from Millstone. there is a big hole there with lots of taug. (Bring perriwinkles or green crabs)

dougie v