Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G-Man

Couple Questions

8 posts in this topic

Hiya Gents

Couple question for ya.

1. I have a chance to visit Jersey in April, and was wondering if you expect Stripers to be running then? I'm from Mass.

2. I have a Scupper TW and and dream of a rudder for the ocean trips. Problem is I only see the kit on OK site for $230, which is more than half I paid for the boat. Is there any cheaper option?

3. I'm hearing about the worm hatch in early spring which brings the schoolies in close. I'm not a fly fisherman, so I was wondering if there is any artificial which imitates a worm hatch? Just a lil worm?

Cheers

-G

G-man,

Long time no hear from you. Hi.

3. So far I've caught nothing during worm hatches but I've been told small sluggos in colors like chili work and tiny marabou jigs, like 1/32, in red/black and orange/tan.

Haven't had the chance to try it myself, but one of the AC guides uses a popper for the worm hatch. Tie a 3-4 inch piece of red rabbit strip on the shank and then a popper body. He told us to give one good pop and then wait for a minute or so. Then try again. I'm told he catches them during the hatch. I got some tied up, just haven't got the chance yet.

Good Luck

------------------

The world is a strange place.............lets keep it that way

G-man- I have a scupper ptw also and will not pay the price for that rudder from ok. I spoke to someone from Jon's shop about it and he thought harmony might sell something to fit. I have searched the net over and over for a cheaper kit that might work but have not found any yet. If you do let me be the first to know please. Thanks , Dave

Try a Tube and Worm.

I would.

Hopefully I can find a worm hatch to try it in.

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

All fisherman are liars except for me and you.But I am not so sure about you

Adding a rudder to a Scupper is a ........ I agree that the price is outrageous. When Joey was considering it he concluded that he'd sell his yak and buy another with a rudder. There are aftermarket kits that supposedly work great but I haven't seen them. Check with a large kayak shop up your way. It'll still run you at least $175 or more. WS sells there's for $200 and so does Cobra.

As to fishing Jersey in April, when are you talking? There's a big difference between the beginning of the month and the end. Also where in Jersey? Its a long state and again quite a difference between south and north.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

Thanks for the responses guys.

I hope to get back in touch with you good folk this spring. I miss my kayak and fishing. I was stuck on the mountain bike thing last year.

I still am since I built a new bike over the winter. Yet, I feel the need to get out on the water again.

We're getting a real winter up here in New England this year. I broke down and bought me a snowblower to try to make some fun out of it. Nice ski day last week too.

Hiya JonS,

I'll get the details from my buddy. He oversees building new Staples stores and will be traveling down there for a few days at a time in April. He likes to fish and offered a place to stay if I join him.

Here's a freebee for all your sage advice. http://www.spiderwire.com/NonFlash/Splash.cfm

Cheers

-G