Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrsinbad

Thwarted by Bottomline!

1 post in this topic

I had a brainstorm the other day in an attempt to adopt the Bottomline Sidefinder Tournament 1200 for my yak use. The key was to either see if the transducer that comes with the T1200 is adaptable (i.e., small size and hydrodynamic) or if I can lay my hands on the transducer of the Fishing Buddy 1200 and wire it up to the T1200 and use it by dropping it through the scupper hole in my yak.

I contacted Beagle who gave me the info that determined the regular "boat" shaped 'ducer could not be readily adapted to my idea. (thanks Beagle for the info! smile.gif) Next stop was to call Bottomline to see if I can get a part number and order the 'ducer thru one of their authorized repair centers. Spoke to one of 3 ladies in the service dept and they said they don't sell the 'ducer separately and they would get the broken FB1200 and repair it at the factory by resoldering and replacing the parts themselves, and not the service center. She was real nice, but liked to use the "sorry" word a lot! SH!7 cwm23.gif Grumble. Grumble.

I'm not gonna give up that easy. Maybe I should try the other two ladies and sweet talk them, send them flowers, send JoeB or Breezy Kid, maybe send JoeB and Breezy Kidthumbuprt.gifcwm27.gificon14.gif, any other ideas? Anyone know someone with a broken Fishing Buddy that is willing to sell it for the transducer?

[This message has been edited by mrsinbad (edited 04-30-2002).]