Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10x10

This weeks finds

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I know some of you guys really like to play with the old stuff.Me too.Here's the stuff I picked up this week.A nice assortment of various saltwater reels,a meisselbach takapart with the pre twenty's box,a gibbs 1 1/2 oz.pecil popper new in the box,a pre turn of the century brass fly reel,a pflueger sal-trout new in the box,two horricks -ibbotson fly reels with the older style boxes and a wood side mount trolling reel.

It's unbelievable how much fishing tackle was made over the years.

Since I find stuff almost daily I thought I would post pictures of stuff on a regular basis.That is if nobody objects.

mvc-218s.jpg

10 Where do you find this stuff. It is like I always said the things that get in the back of closets is unbelievable.

Here is what I have found

1 Penn Long Beach in original box ($6.95)

2 Holmes Fly reel.(Machined aluminum)in box

3 Meisselbach fly reel Pat Jan,14 1896

4 Montague fly Rod 8 footer Bamboo from Montague Mass:}

------------------

CHUCK OF THE LONG CAST

I dabble in old stuff myself, the takeaparts with their boxes are a great find, thheck with the condition! Right now the high end of my collection is a Shakespear Miller autocrat in mint condition, in the original velvet lined hardside lockable box, spooled with Cuttyhunk 9 thread. It's never seen a rod and I've got the matching catalog for the only year it was built (1935), also A+ shape. I should post a picture of some of my trinkets also... Maybe the beginings of a new forum?

Oh,you can't believe the stuff I run into.

A lot of it is junk especially rods.Anybody want a armload of assorted bamboo,fiberglass boat and surf rods?You come and get 'em and they're yours.Free.Make good tomato stakes if you got a garden.Good paint stirrers too.

About twice a year I find a real good piece or get an unbelievable deal on a lot of fishing tackle.Of course if your rich you can just go buy the stuff from guys like me but that's no fun.

10:

It says feather weight, its about 2 1/2 inches across. I had to literally cut the fly line off it was fused together and smelt bad.

Ps Will entertain offer since we are only 6 miles from one another.

------------------

CHUCK OF THE LONG CAST

A Miller Autocrat huh?That's a tough reel.I think they only made them to order.No production runs.That's such a nice reel hard to believe Shakespeare made it.I've only ever seen two of them.They are worth between 2 and 3 hundred dollars.Yours might bring a little more with the box and all.Did you ever play with the drag adjustment?Pretty cool how that works.No way that's slipping.

Check this out !I got this about a month ago.

It's an older Heddon Meadow Mouse.nice right?no big deal,not hard to find....

mvc-219s.jpg

Wrong!! look again...

mvc-220s.jpg

It's got a glass nose.This is so rare most guys never even heard of one.I only know of 15 of these to exist.Pretty cool.

Probably lasted about what....three casts?

You find one of these, you give me call.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I'll make your day.

10 X 10,

If you add another zero to your estimate you'll be in the ballpark as to what I've been offered for the pair! I got into collecting old line for a while, got some really cool old saleman sample sets. one of my best 'finds' so far was a case (12) big giant Creek Chubs still in their boxes.