Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Klein

DelMarVa Fishin' Reports; May 1 - May 15

Rate this topic

242 posts in this topic

May has arrived and it's Rockfish time on the Delmarva.

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? :)

Fished all around OC yesterday. Couldn't even find the blowfish out front. not even a bump on the rods in the surf, Finally managed a few short stripers and some shad casting in the inlet. stopped at Roosevelt Inlet on the way home and managed 2 flounder, a short and a 21 incher , Dinner looks good tonight.

DE Beaches Thur 5/2, 4PM to 10PM.  As usual, I managed to catch every Dogfish in the Atlantic (and two Skates).  Winds didn't help.  Like they say, fish when you can, not when you want to.  It was a nice day and at least the Dogfish were large.  Found fresh on the way in Annapolis.

Oh boy...drove 6 hours to get here..IRI/3Rs.....worst wind I have witnessed here yet!!!! Road signs flying off their weighted bases....white foam blowing off the dirty water.....AWFUL....running around with hood on...in May....what a rotten spring on the whole east coast....an 8 month winter to this ex-Aussie...had it with it....

Fished last night from 5-930 caught 2 small drum and a abundance of blowfish.  Did see a guy down from me pull in a nice size shark.  Not sure what it was but appeared to be atleast 4-5' long.  Wind was terrible but hey fishing is fishing.  Gonna hit it again on sunday.

Fished last night from 5-930 caught 2 small drum and a abundance of blowfish.  Did see a guy down from me pull in a nice size shark.  Not sure what it was but appeared to be atleast 4-5' long.  Wind was terrible but hey fishing is fishing.  Gonna hit it again on sunday.

Doggie....the big smoothies are around now.

Getting some bad reports as far as surf conditions. I am going to stay home and plant a vegetable garden.

A wise decision I think...maybe Sun...maybe not.

Sunday I have an old man lacrosse game and the winds look to continue...I am saving up for next thurs, fri, and sat. I will be watching the weather like Eisenhower during Operation Overlord.

true Allen, the forecast is more for ENE winds, but i was more focused on the speed, waves, and the fact it aint changing till mid week "boo". some times one forecast is more accurate than the others, but it varies.

crb, Google "surf forecast" its a surfing site.... i look at this, NOAA, and "fish weather" to get a consensus.....sometimes each use a different model or baseline depending on who the parent company is, like weather.com vs accuweather.