Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazyotto

Anybody fish Union beach lately?

5 posts in this topic

Otto, why go to a specific spot? I suggest that you go and do some investigating. At this time of year the birds are a very good indicator of where the fish are. There could be fish at Union, but the might be at Port Monmouth, Leonardo, inside the Hook, or the ocean.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

Hey craz,

I fished launched from keyport on tuesday and trolled all the way down to the beginning of union beach. I caught no fish and saw no bait. There was several guys fishing the pebble beach area from the surf and some guy at the keyport ramp said that the pebble beach area has been a hot spot. My experience from last year tells me not to believe that all the talk that the fish are south of that area, I believe several pods of bait and stripers are still on the way from the north.

tomh

tomh

There are still a lot of fish inside. Where they'll pop is another matter. Just look around for them. There's nothing worse than commiting to a spot only to find out that they went nuts at another. The activity is usually easy to see at this time of year so that's why I suggested not deciding on a particular spot but doing a bit of looking first and then hitting the water.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

ALso this is when I find a fish finder invaluable. The birds will sometimes indicate where the fish are but I do find a lot of schools on the bottom and you wouldn't know that they were there without one. Just drop a lure down and you've got action. This is especially true in the ocean.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net