Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christian White

Anyone fishing the Flats this weekend?

20 posts in this topic

I'm planning on being there both days unless it gets totally snotty. You want to pick a meeting time? Park opens at 7:30 and I usually try and be there when the gates open.

Chris

BTW, the fish are getting BIGGER !

Wow! Those are some nice fish. I hope to get my first fish over 40" this year, and it looks like they had several in one day! I think I have a better shot at making it on Sunday than Saturday. I will have no trouble getting there by 7:30 am; it took me less than an hour to get there last week. Anyone else?

Ya Those are some nice fish hope we are lucky as that.Cant wait to get down there .

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

MikeC, sorry to do this again, but the weather forecast from earlier in the week scared me off and now I've got a full schedule for tomorrow. If I'm gonna play hooky, it better be a nice day outside. wink.gif

Chris

See whoever is out on the water on Sat....Hope there are some fish near the 95 bridge. I think I will work the river chanel up onto the flats this time......Terry

TM, careful what waters you are in there, the Susquehanna is closed upstream from the railroad bridge. This means that targeting stripers at the 95 bridge is a no-no. Just don't want you to get a ticket or anything.

See y'all on the water,

Chris

Water clarity and temps would both be poor tomorrow. Success on the flats circles around water temperatures, movement, and clarity.

With the rest of the weeks forecasted air temps it is highly unlikely that shallow water will produce very well until Sunday.

Best of luck to those who give it a go. I will wait to improve my odds for success unless I hear different from my die hard friends who fish it near daily. If I hear anything prior to Sunday I will post it.

Guys, from the reports I've been seeing this week about flats catching, it looks to me that they are catching most of the fish right where we fished last Sat. Near the spot Christian caught his fish. The pics all have either the bridge in the background or Perryville park.

MikeC