Susky Flats Flingers......show us your yaks

Looks like the Flats Yak Fling is going to be a major event. I figured we will all be mostly on the water so yak/to name reference might be a better way to know each other.

I should have my Mokai present by then if not then I will use my Stealth

HMS_YAKCHT.jpg

if it isn't sold by then! I won't be hard to spot either way....I will be the one moving without paddling smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Have a picture of your yak? Let's see it.

OK Tim......what did I do wrong on the uploader? It would not copy to the post I had to type the url in and I can't see the error.....gggrrrrr wink.gif

**Jim - ya can't have any spaces in the name of yer picture - rule number 1 fer posting pictures wink.gif Hehehee...looking forward to fishin' with you again buddy, it's been a while smile.gif

TimS

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 03-08-2002).]

Doh! No recent pics, so how's 'bout these.

On the water, I look like this:

chrisnybass.JPG

This pic is over a year old, and doesn't show a lot of recent modifiaction, including the bait tank I'm building now.

paddle_clips-sm.jpg

I'll try and replace these this weekend w/ some better shots.

Chris

JimDE,

Yep, that's probably what it would be best for. I came into sea kayaks from whitewater experience and didn't like the look of a touring blade at first. Now I regret it but I don't complain too much 'cause the paddle was practically free. Of course, I'm just putting the finishing touches on a hand carved native paddle in western red cedar which is at the other end of the spectrum. The one you see there will become my spare any day now.

Chris

Porter, I was thinking about a larger blade for my Sea Dart. Just to give it a bit more push! wink.gif I am no kayak expert so what would be the disadvantage in using a larger blade? I'm thinking moving more water would mean less strokes to equal the pull of a touring paddle. I have 3 diffent brand paddles with simular blades but one of them far exceeds the speed of the other two. One of the paddles in the loser catagory is my carbon Werner unfortunately. The best of the three is a carbon/aluminum Harmony Sea Passage (the least expensive of the three paddles).