Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
islandfishing

Kayaking the Block....sort of.

8 posts in this topic

Well since we are saturated here i decided to take the yak down the street and tie up to the porch of Yellow Kittens. those of you that have been over here will understand the humor of being able to do this.

I've gone about 8 times since you guys were out here...still getting comfy...i crap myself everytime i get a fish for a sec. Still getting accustomed to the idea it's a Yak not a boat so i can bump into things if i had to. The Harbor's just about vacant so i'll be paddling around for the next few since i'm pulling my boat today....but after that last smacking we received i think i'll start winter chores on her till it gets super cold.

Which type of seat do you use on the Yak?

Rol,

well another nice storm, what the f---. At least it was a fast one. I think i might get one of the seat cushions for the tushy. Usually after a few hours it's a lower back issue. I probably need to let the Kayak do the work so to speak, i'm probbably too heavy handed with the paddle.

I went this morning and picked up two schoolies inside the pond...it's getting chilly but i'm going until they are gone. check out National geographic's latest article about those sickos trolling live dogs and cats, quite disturbing.

Todd, I use a Surf to Summit high back seat. The one with two rod holders built into the back, it doesn't provide much padding for the butt so I have added a tree stand seat pad for extra padding for my boney arse. What kind of kayak do you have? Thanks for the tips last month Roland and I will see you next year for sure. Dave

KTB102B.jpg

How are you, hope all is well.

-That's the seat i was looking into probably give it a try. By next year I'll be able to hang in there with the likes of you two ringers-lol. I'll be able to show you a few more places i like...you guys should be able to do very well. Too bad you all don't have more time since the bass are still running out here.

Todd:

Please don't say things like "the fish are still running out here." It makes me want to pick a fight with the wife and storm off....to Block Island biggrin.gif

Can't wait to get together with you and Dave next year. I'm already counting the days.

Ya know, even though I've had a couple of 30+ fish days and several fish in teh mid-high 30 inch range since our trip, everything has been so anti-climactic since I returned from the Block. This in not good. eek.gif