Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striperfever

Got my first Yak today!!!

5 posts in this topic

Courtisy of MR. Barrellsmile.gif

Its a dark blue Explorer w/10" hatch. I cant wait to finish setting her upwink.gif Then take her for a spin...should be sweet!

I thank you agian Barrell, and it was nice meeting you too...you sure know yer SH#%smile.gif

Barrell was a very busy guy while I was there, between Kids coming in and alot of Phone calls and not to mention a few customers, he did a good job of setting my yak up, and getting me out of there in good time!!!

I will be sure to send some of my buddys up to see youwink.gif

I forgot one thing though, an anchorfrown.gif No problem, I think I have one laying around somewhere...now if I can just find it?!?!

SF

------------------

Is it Hot in here, or is it just me!!!

[This message has been edited by Striperfever (edited 05-02-2001).]

Striper Fever, your done now.cwm24.gif Once you start yak fishin things will never be the same. I'm sure you going to enjoy your yak more than you know. I can't believe what I've been missing over the last few years.crying.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

Striper fever.Wow are you in for it.I started kayak fishing this season and have fell in love with it.It is the most deadly way of fishing in shore that I have found.You can get into areas that you cannot access by foot or boat.I have a cobra navigator that is rigged w/fishfinder flushmount rod holders/running lights for night..... .I just went through rigging pains so if you have any questions drop me an e mail.

Doug

Fever I'm with you & DOug, just got my yak, and like you from Barrell who helped me out bigtime, gotta give somebody credit who really knows their stuff. You are in for it now man!! YAKS WILL PUMP YOU UP!! your first few fish, especially if you get lucky and get something in the heavyweight class of its species, will be a truly enjoyable fiasco, trust me. but you learn fast

I took mine in freshwater the first few (or a dozen) times to get used to it, the results were amazing. Im still beat up... Ill shut up now cuz unless you get out there you will never understand, but its the deal.

Here's to the 2001 class of yak jedi's: Sir I raise a bass in your honor biggrin.gif

yak4lb01

Welcome to the world of yak fishing. As stated above its like no other. Its been over a year for me now and I still feel like the cat that ate the canary. Good choice on the dark blue Explorer. I've got the same thing.