Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G-Man

Anyone in Mass\RI?

7 posts in this topic

You guys are fortunate to have this forum and guys near each other to hook up with.

I would enjoy kayak fishing with company.

Is there anyone here that lives up in Mass or RI?

Or is anyone aware of another such forum to meet other yakers in MA\\RI?

Thanks

G-Man-

No need to search for additional forums (wink.gif ) as there are plenty of guys here who are willing to travel--some more than others--to get to fish some new spots and meet new people.

Like me. biggrin.gif

Where abouts are you exactly? What spots in your area are you most familiar with in terms of introducing out-of-staters to your waters? I'm just trying to get a mental image now....

No fishing for me until after 6/28, but after that I am free for the following two weekens, and then have a solid month off until the middle of August.

Bottom line: HAVE KAYAK, WILL TRAVEL (I've heard that somewhere before, so I am not taking credit for coining that phrase. smile.gif ) and would ove to travel yto your neck of the woods with the yak.

How far are you from Albany, anyway? biggrin.gif

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

[This message has been edited by JoeB (edited 05-30-2002).]

That sounds great Joe!

I live near Worcester MA. When I fish the Salt I'll go to Boston Harbor or Narragansett bay area of RI.

Places I would like to explore with other are:

1 Southern most tip of Newport, RI. As soon as you put in at Ocean Drive park, you're on Brenton Reef. A square mile of productive rocky shallow water, that big boats don't dare venture.

2. Mouth of Narrow River -Narragansett.

Guy at RI baitshop caught a 50lb striper on kayak there! That's what got me interested last year.

3. Cape Cod- Chatham, striper fishing the flats. Got to be good.

These are all beautiful places to be anyway.

I just started last fall, but I know there are others in my area that have been yak fishing much longer, and could help me expand. So far all my kayak fishing trips have been solo, which makes my poor wife crazy.

G-Man

I am not in RI anymore, year or so, but I had some great fishing in the Bristol area. Lots of easy access and calm night fishing spots. Bristol harbor has public launch site, paddle out to the large marke thats on a pile of rocks and fish from it, good structure surrounds it. Also paddle the back side of Hog Island. I night fished these spots, little traffic, only the Hog Island ferry to watch for and it has an established route. Stop in town and ask anyone where the "narrows" is. Again, public access. From there I have fished the Fall River power plant area and have picked a few bonita up there also when they are in. Access the Palmer river from Route 6 and have had a blast in there on smaller stripers and light tackle. From Colt Park put in and you can head up the Palmer and stop at marker 3, on rocks, get out and fish from there. And from Colt you can always see when the blues are in thick and if they are not to your liking I always seemed to be able to pick up a striper under them.

All these spots are no more than 15 minutes from each other, so you can check each out and see which looks fishy and put in.