Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Porter

Hatteras season

4 posts in this topic

Will be heading down about this time next week for a solid seven days of heaven.

Been WAAYY too busy recently and haven't wet a line but once in the past month and a half, but now my time has come.

Latest news from down that way says our unicorn friends are starting to show up in decent numbers along the north beach (yahoo! I'm stayin' in Salvo this year).

Also, some reports have the giant bluefins as close as 4 miles from the beach. Please, somebody talk me outta this, the urge is getting strong. smile.gif

Any other StripersOnline folks gonna be down that way between the 22nd and the 29th (esp. kayakers)? I'll either be in a red Grand Cherokee or a white (?) full size Ford pick-up with my yellow Necky Dolphin. Look for me out beyond the wash.

Happy Turkey-day!

Chris

Chris, I think Rick7 is gonna be down there...and the Derfs are (apparently wink.gif) always down there! Me, I won't be down there till mid January for the Winter Fling...probably too cold to be yakkin' down there then!

Geesh, we haven't had any "yak water" around here in like a month..between the permanent heave on the beaches and the screamin' winds in the bays...it's been yakless for me frown.gif

TimS

TimS I know what you mean about yaklessness so I went out on my local lake Monday just to get out. Caought lots of yellow perch, they were very active, and a largemouth.

Today i'll be hitting Raritan and the yak will be with me as always. Fairly mellow winds today, wish they weren't because a buddy slaughtered them yesterday, but it will be good for the yak if the fish aren't close.

What's this about the Winter Fling in Hatteras. Maybe I should keep more up to date with you guys. If the timing works out well, I could be up for another trip about then.

BTW TimS, whats the prognosis on the Neptune? If I don't hear back from you before saturday, I'm gonna have to break down and get it from a local guy I don't really like very much, just so I have it in time for my trip.

Best fishes!