Hudson River Kayak Fling Photo's

Well, the weather was perfect and I thank all those that made the trek. Looking at Striperswipers post and realizing he was only about 2 miles away really gets my goat that he was in fish and we weren't. I'll put some photo's upa dn if you can chime in on names and yaks, that'd be great.

hrf10.jpg

OK Names and boats...as I recall...L-R=JoeB in SII Green OK Malibu II, JonS(always in the orange cap in a Cobra Tourer, Bassblitz in the lime green OK scrambler XT, and finally Adrian in the blue Tarpon.

hrf11.jpg

hrf12.jpg

Flyfliker in his green Loon

hrf13.jpg

hrf7.jpg

hrf8.jpg

Going to get some more up shortly, have to edit for size. Scott

[This message has been edited by ScottO (edited 04-28-2002).]

[This message has been edited by ScottO (edited 04-29-2002).]

Hopefully some more...

hrf1.jpg

hrf2.jpg

OK, the pre-flight check list and bull session...L-R=JonS, Flyflicker, Adrian, JoeB, and finally Bassblitz. Great time Guys

PS, sorry JoeB I just realized you were next to BB, ummmm...oh yeah, JoeB was in a hole...yeah that was it, umm a hole, yeah and Bassblitz, well he's actually a giant...I'm trying to help you Joe! smile.gif

hrf3.jpg

hrf5.jpg

hrf6.jpg

litehouse.jpgThe scene of the crime! A few days before.

ScottO...Nice pics!!! Too bad you guys didn't get into the fish but you guys sure looked like you had some fun either way.

Nice rigs you guys have. I was gonna swing by but we were doing great. Sorry I didn't though. You were fishing a Great area though

as you know that usually produces some big fish. Really nice Photos, it would be nice to see the names of the guys with their

yaks as you fellas call them.

Hope this helps SS, sorry if I got any of you guys mixed up. PM me and I'll straighten it out. Thanks again. Going to take some of you up on your offers to "come to de island ma'an" S

Looks like I missed a good time! Bummer!!! I was really looking forward to it too. The babysitter couldn't make it as planned, and I got stuck watching 'A Bugs Life' over and over and over again! frown.gif Hopefully I'll catch you guys at the next one.

johnny

All in jestsmile.gifbiggrin.gif, glad you had the opportunity to come and try out a couple of yaks. Amazing the differences that can occur in yaks. Joe tried out the OK MalibuII then tried my Swing. Needless to say dramatic changes between the two. Scott

I have been looking into the various models and am wondering what type are those light green and dark green sit on top kayaks? Each looks like a different model but was wondering what models and brands exactly? Thanks for posting the photos as it is nice to see them in action!

Opps just noticed the part where you named the models and brands. Was anyone there using a Cobra Navigator?

[This message has been edited by JEFFSOD (edited 04-29-2002).]

Kudos to ScottO - You really out did your selficon14.gif All your work and planning was greatly appreciated.

Fishing was good the catching was poor (about the same as all the flings are)frown.gif

One of these days we're going to kill em.smile.gif

Nice meeting some new people and putting faces with names. Pictures are great and it looks like you got most of the guys too.

Hey BassBlitz - When's the Montauk fling?biggrin.gif

Butch

Joev

I heard some herring taken on jigs (maybe they meant sabikis) at Catskill Creek. I'm probably at Esopus or Rondout Sat and/or Sunday.

ScottO

At least you got a nice day (and yr yeller I guess), thanks for putting up the pics. Do you know a launch area for the Rondout so we can try to poach StriperSwipers spot?

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Yes I do Jim, Was there this morning with Santiago II butit was wet/Windy?cold?raining?Crap!!!! Horrible. Brian went out foa bit, I sat in the car and looked through tackle catalogues. No Fish. Very easy to get to SS's spot. Let me know when you're up here. I am available Saturday to 2pm and Brian and I are available on Sunday and Monday.

Jenty you coming up?

Joev. Still can't make bait. We were at the falls last night til midnight and got squat! We are cotninuing to try to and get some herring. There are fish here and people are catching them. Keep in touch for further details. S