Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JoeB

My New Toy

15 posts in this topic

No more razzing, no more harrassing, no more "YAKFISHING" (ScottO)..."Yum Yum" is now officially here with me and happily resting on her side on my patio. She looks so content--too bad she has no idea what she's in for, starting off with some drill holes and paddle clips once I decide where I want them. biggrin.gif

A big thank you to all the members who have helped me along the way to come to a sound and reasonable decision. A special thank you to BassBlitz (for the foam padding for the yak). And an EXTRA special thank you to JonS for his help in putting all this together. icon14.gif

Getting on the water Sat/Sun morning...will report back with stories, I'm sure.

[This message has been edited by JoeB (edited 05-22-2002).]

Promise no drilling until youve been out a few times. You want to have easy egress whenthe blues sharks come a callingsmile.gif No seriously. What worked on my boats or Brians boat or anyone elses may not be right for yours. So...take a couple of trips and pick right the first time. Scott

Thanks guys. That's my intention (if I can resist, which I think I can--for now wink.gif ). I have all the required essentials, so now I'm going to start enjoying myself. I think I have a pretty good idea of where things are going, but I view the kayak as an investment, so I want to be sure everything is where I want it before I start with the power tools.

They call me "mellow-yellow".

------------------

Joe

GO NAVY

g0404980.gif

they'll call you lunchsmile.gif

However, someone said that yellow really stands out on the water. SII say's he can see my yellow paddle blades even when the red yak is nearly invisible. Scott

PS congratulations.

Also, just so you know, when putting a new Sailboat in the water, the custom was to step the mast on a gold coin for luck and fair winds. When I put the yaks in I splash a bit of special brew on them and bless them for fair seas, safety and lots of fish. Ok I got two out of three. Lots of luck!!!!

Thank goodness it finally came in.icon15.gif:

I hope it's mellow yellow now because prior to this it was HYPER YELLOW.tongue.gifcwm27.gif

Again, good luck with the yak JoeB - be safe and have fun.

Looking foward to hearing about all your trials and errors - especially the errors.wink.gifcwm27.gif

Butch

[This message has been edited by FLYFLIKER (edited 05-22-2002).]

Oh thank God his ship-lette came in!!! Now, maybe we can get some peace and quiet. wink.gif

Don't forget to practice your re-entries like I demostrated for you at the Hudson River Yak Fling-tilla. rolleyes.gif

Nah...sooner than that. Don't forget, I'm planning on hooking up a motor to the back of my explorer, remember? One of those new Honda 4 strokes. Yeah, that's the ticket. wink.gif

There is nothing quite as rewarding as helping someone get involved with an activity that has given me so much pleasure. Going yak fishing with buddies and catching a bunch of fish is a blast. I look forward to doing some fishing with you Joe.

I was telling Joey about where you park for Gilgo and he's very interested. He's out the now with Jim and Doug I believe. I had too much to do and the thought of that LI traffic kept me here.

Again WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!!!!!!!!

lg_smile.gif JonS, I'm just glad I didn't break down a give you a well deserved hug for you help. cwm31.gifcwm31.gif

Hmmm...please keep me posted on their adventures. I was thinking of hitting up that area on Saturday at first light, so I could scamper across the state channel before the boat traffic breaks open. Those flats are dying to give up some bigguns. wink.gif

PS. Diamondwrapper--how ya doin'? I've been looking for you on the boards...how's the yak treating you? I'm definately looking forward to getting into some fish in your neck of the woods, as I have limited experience in that area. Hope all else is going well!

cwm15.gif

[This message has been edited by JoeB (edited 05-23-2002).]