Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striperfever

Dubs...Yak pics YET?

8 posts in this topic

Dubs, just wondering if ya could post them pics you promised me a few months back of yer Yak?

Thankssmile.gif

SF

------------------

Is it Hot in here, or is it just me!!!

Striperfever....I have the digital camera now but I forgot to take pictures of the yak, I'll take care of it tomorrow and see if I can get em up fer ya.wink.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

I'll have them up soon with any luck, I took the pictures today but my new fangled computer only has USB ports and the camera came with a serial cable and a PS-2 addapter. I just got a PS-2 to USB addapter and I'll see if all these things work together later tonight.cwm24.gifwink.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

Ok, I was able to get a couple of pictures to download but they are the first 3 pictures I have taken with the new camera and I'm a hack at this point.icon15.gif

This is the yak without the Hummingbird 200DX mounted to the front, I like the portable model for ease of use.

Yakflvw1.JPG

This is a pic of the anchor rigging.

newpic10.JPG

And this is what we used in place of a pulley, the resistance on the rope is enough that you don't have to cleat it off. Just angle the boat the way you want it and it stays. This design also allows you to flip the rope to the other side of the yak if needed for a full 360 degree anchor system.wink.gif

newpic2.jpg

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

[This message has been edited by Dubs (edited 07-27-2001).]

Thanks Dubs looks greatsmile.gif

Where can I find the pulleys and all the rest of the stuff needed for the system...Imguessing any marine shop or Boater world but I could be wrong!

Don

------------------

Is it Hot in here, or is it just me!!!

Thanks for posting those pix, Dubs.Great system...Gonna be 'specially helpful for me, my main yak is a Loon 138 also.You guys really have some excellent ideas, and I really appreciate your willingness to share 'em.When I get my yak more together, I'll contribute some pix as well.

Any of the marine supply stores will have everything that you'll need. I went in with an idea of how I wanted to rig the system and looked around until something caught my eye. Not to mention the only pulley's I found were for the sailboat riggings and they were like 40$ a piece.cwm24.gif Make sure all hardware is Stainless, plastic or brass or you'll have problems down the road.wink.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com