Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DASBOOT

Plug transport.

7 posts in this topic

I'm doing more preping than fishing for God'sake!!!!

Any way, I have my fly fishing act down pretty well, but, having just revived my old spin gear and bought a few plugs, I'm wondering what is the best way to carry a plug assortment about and also make it yak friendly?

At the moment my fly pouch is all that will fit in the "O" hatch, but I could make that smaller.

I have a small tupperware that I can lash to the deck w/a bungee, but the plugs get hooked up into a mess!

Any suggestions?

ENJOY LIFE!

Later...........DASBOOT biggrin.gif

Dasboot your killing uswink.gifI would buy that nice seat that Jons has.(By the way jon I would like to see if it will work on pungo)Then you can put all your goodies in it.Dont you have a spot for milk crate in back?If so Do like Jon does.He has a good system.

Joev

Das,

The plugs are easy, you can put them in a nice plug bag.

What are you going to do with the longnose pliers, the bogagrip, the tape measure, the flashklight, the emergency strobe, the flares, the spare paddle and the camera? icon15.gif

Just kidding ya, I got a bleedin suitcase strapped to the deck.

JimW

[This message has been edited by JimW (edited 11-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by JimW (edited 11-01-2001).]

Jim Ya forgot the sunglasses,tanning lotion,drinks,lunch,gps,radio,and gloves.Those are only the basics ,nothing extra.Dasboot we like ya man biggrin.gif hope to meet ya sometime soon.Fall Yak Fling icon25.gif

Joev

[This message has been edited by joev (edited 11-01-2001).]

DAS - you bring such a smile to my face. biggrin.gif

There are several ways to go.

You can bungee a milk grate behind the seat and then use almost any type of lure storage. For plugs use boxes and for plastics ziplock bags work great.

A diver mesh bag is great for holding waterproof lure boxes and then you clip the bag strap to a loop behind the seat. This way it just sits in the tank well.

You can also store several waterproof lure boxes on the pulley inside your hull. Its under the center pot. I'm sure that I rigged on for you. The Woodstream waterproof boxes in small and medium fit in the hatch. This is where I carry a bunch of lures.

Also I highly reccomend attaching all tools like pliers, boca/lip gripper, etc. to lines which are attached to the yak.

Joev - DAS has a StS Fishing Seat already.

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 11-01-2001).]

Sorry if I'm being a pain guys!biggrin.gif

Guess I just don't realize the space I have.

I keep thinking of going over too so I want to make sure everything is secure.

I just gotta get out more!!

JonS,Glad I can bring some amusement into your life.biggrin.gif

I haven't even lifted the pot out so there very well may be a line in there.

JimW, I like the suitcase idea!

Joev, I already have the seat. It's great!!

But I thought reaching around to the back like that, for the pouch, is one of the most unstable moves you can make.

Stick with me guys!!

I'll get better!

I promise!!!

ENJOY LIFE!

DASBOOT........biggrin.gif

DAS - I'm sure that you have a pulley inside. That's the best place to keep lures. You can't loose them in there. Tupperwares work inside the hatch for fly storage, ziplock bags and waterproof lure boxes. I stock the boxes because they'r very hard to find.