Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mullet Miller

OBX FLINGY THINGY :D

25 posts in this topic

Thought I get this back to the top of things also. Just to keep it on everyones mind. Participants look to be:

Myself

Porter

JonS

Doug

joev

kayakjoe (you know you wanna goe)

Savfish

Markyshark

beachboy

JAG (sans yak)

Possibles:

Yakfisher

Anyone I missed, I'm sorry. Lets get the list going and I'll get the ball going on a place for a good meal (lunch or dinner, whatever everyone decides)

Bob

Excellent! That's a big list for a long trip. We're still looking at the weekend after turkey day, right? Saturday only or both days?

I arrive down there on the 18th (Sunday before thanksgiving) and hopefully I'll have some hot spots all scouted out before the kayaking crowd gets there. My big goal this year is to locate the specs off the beaches before the crowds start finding them in the surf. I found them in numbers last year and got myself a bit of a reputation at F&F's and RDT.

Chris

[This message has been edited by Porter (edited 09-21-2001).]

OK, here is my whole realtor link list that I maintain. These are in order of preference but I've only actually rented from the first three.

Midgett Realty

Hatteras Realty

Surf or Sound Realty

Outer Beaches Realty

Sun Realty

Colony Realty

Dolphin Realty

Cape Escape Realty

What village? Thats a good question. See if this map of the beach access ramps on Hatteras Island (HI) helps.

HI_RampMap.jpg

You'll notice that Avon, where Bob suggested, is very centrally located on HI between Oregon Inlet at the North and Hatteras Inlet at the South. Avon is also very close to Cape Point ("The" point, between ramps 44 and 45, see the inset map for label), the hotbed for fall fishing. I stayed in Salvo last year and will be in Rodanthe this year because I rarely make the trek down to Hatteras Inlet; I like to put myself halfway between the Point and Oregon Inlet. Houses are also a bit cheaper in the Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo area and the beaches are less crowded. If you want to put yourself right at the nexus, get a house in Buxton and be moments away from the Point. This is also a good option if coming with fewer people because there are one or two small hotels in Buxton oen at that time of year.

Lastly, a tease...

LINESIDER.JPG

Would be nice to get one of these, but unfortunately this guy and his brethren overfished them for decades so I'll probably never see one this size in my lifetime. crying.gif

Chris