Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darrell

Stripers are in Lynnhaven Inlet !

11 posts in this topic

Hi again all you guys from the great north,

Wanted everyone to know that the stripers have shown inside Lynnhaven Inlet here in Virginia Beach. So far I have seen up to 35 incher's. The reason why I mention this is even when it's to bad to go out in the bay, the inlet is alway calm and can be paddled in most cases. There is a ton of places to catch stripes in the inlet. And there is plenty of bait fish there too!

So if any of you guys wanna head this way let me know. I am back in my yak and doing well since my surgery back in August. Just incase any of you were wondering.

------------------

Va_Yakfisherman@yahoo.com

Not sure about Rudee, but I figure that if the stripers are in the lynnhaven they should be there, but I would think that the numbers might not be as high at at lynnhaven. Resone being that Rudee is not that large and not a huge flow of water in and out. Lynnhaven is much larger with better channels. I have seen a few caught inside the inlet myself, though I have not cuaght one myself in there. Lynnhaven is very paddlable (is that a word..lol). Great put in at the new marine on the north side of the bridge and the inlet is open to all. So let me know when you guys want to come down for a fishing get together.

------------------

Yes Big Luke this is in Virginia, near the foot of the Chesapeale Bay Bridge Tunnel on the Viginia Beach side. Get off on Shore Drive and head south. Just before the Lesner Bridge there is a public boat ramp with a kayak put in. So come on down and let yak!

------------------

I am planning on hitting Lynnhaven with my kayak Saturday 11/16  .  Has anyone been there lately.  This will be my first time there and would appreciate any help on how to fish that area.   thanks in advance.