Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mullet Miller

First Annual Susky Flats Yak Spring Fling

101 posts in this topic

Thanks for bringing up the possible Easter conflict. Any weekend if fine with me, but the holiday may interfere with some other folks, I'll be there anyway.

For the official Fling Date, I propose April 6/7. Between Bob (Mullet) and I, I'm sure we can find accomodations for a few folks from up North. Any objections to the date, voice them now. No matter when we select, I'm sure that a few people won't be able to make it but we might as well try and please the majority.

Chris

Steve,

I should be there in the Parker if you want to leave the yak home. I won't be fishing on the days when the yakers are around as you know how I hate crowds. By the way, are JonS and Joey dating now? How have you been....long time. I have been tying a lot lately. Need any flies?

Tom

Tom,

I've said it once, i'll say it again: you are Duh Man!

Do I know flies? Does Jersey have fish?

Yes to both.

I've been well, real busy at work.

Took a lesson with Sedotti a couple of weeks ago. He added 20 feet to my cast in 10 minutes. I was making one critical mistake that killed my entire cast half the time. Now I'm practicing twice a week. Throwing 80 pretty regular. 90 when the Zen is working. We'll see how long that lasts in the Parker on the water in the wind when bass are crashing around us.

When are you heading down? How far do you figure it would be from the GWB?

Stay in touch.

Well I picked up my licsence yesterday, and the nifty handout I got with it states that the season starts April 1st. WIth that info and past history ,and Easter this year, I think Porter has a good choice, April 6-7.

As far as a round trip from NYC, it is doable, about 2.5 hours oneway, max. Once again, arrangements can be made for anyone traveling long distance.

Let me know what works for everyone, and lets get a head count going. Also, let me know your preference for lunch. there are a couple nice Taverns nearby in Havre de Grace.

Bob

April 6&7 sounds good now. What town will we be staying? Just wondering if there was a campground or something to stay at while I'm there. Sounds like this could be a great camping trip too....Anyone else interested in camping too?

I would like to join this trip too. The wife is away and I can come out to play.

One possible for camping is

Elk Neck State Park

Family camping opens 3/29/02 - except North East Loop, which is open year-round

Youth group camping opens 3/29/02

Full Service Cabins open 5/03/02

Camper cabins open 3/29/02

Elk Neck State Park is probably the best bet. If staying there, one can launch directly onto the east side of the flats, but for the larger group, we'll most likely be launching from the town park in Perryville, MD (on a chart it's listed as Carpenters Point) which in on the north side of the flats and a bit more central to a variety of bottom profiles to try.

Chris