Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USS Blue

Tag along to the Jamacia Bay tourney

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there will be any yakkers from the Princeton- Trenton area of New Jersey going to the tournament on J Bay on the 14th of May. I plan on being there and would like to tag along (not get in the way) for the day. This will be my first time using the yak for some serious fishing and am a bit nervous. I have the yak geared up as far as safety and fishing and have paddled but need some guidance. Like I said, I don't want to get in anyones way, I just need a partner or a group that can start me out when I get on the water. OR DO I JUST WING IT!!!! Thanks, Big Blue

BB, don;t feel as if you're glomming on to someone. there will be lot's of newbies there and most yakkers with experience are more than interested to help out. I'll be there, tarpon 120, yellow. Feel free to look me up, green geo prizm with a roof rack. As for fishing. It's a new place for most folks, do what research you can, but the fishing should be good just about anywhere. Bring a PFD, a paddle, a rod and some lures, and plan on having fun smile.gif You'll meet someone I'm sure. Scott