Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vafishinpa

G Loomis 7ft 3wt Metolius Streamdance for sale or trade

18 posts in this topic

G Loomis 7ft 3piece 3 weight fly rod.  This rod is great for small stream trout fishing and pan fishing too.  I find that it throws a 4wt line pretty good as well.  I just don't use it as much as I thought I would.

I am asking $250 and will entertain some trades for other fly tackle.  Thanks for looking.

<br />

<br />

I have no 7 wt. but I have some heavier rods I'm not using. Perhaps an Orvis T3 8 weight or a Thomas and Thomas 9 weight?

Perhaps an Abel, Anodized "Brook Trout" 5 weight, click and pawl reel?

I'd really like to pick up this rod.

Let me know what you might be interested in.

GScott

Thanks GScott... I cannot use either the 9 or your 8wts. I have a killer 8wt and 10wt. 

The reel... I am not familiar with Abels, let me look into it... Do you have any other reels you are not using?

Thanks

Chris

I also have a Tibor, Billy Pate, "Trout" model. Anti Reverse, LH retrieve, Black Spool and Gold frame.

Though the Salmon, Bone and Tarpon models are still made, the Pate "Trout model hasn't been made for some time.

It's in nearly new condition.

The reel is worth quite a bit more than $250 but we could probably figure something out.

Do a search on Abel Anodized reels and or on Tibor Pate, anti reverse and you'll see the reels I'm talking about.

Thanks for your consideration.

Like I said, I'd really like to acquire this rod.

GScott

GScott.  Those are some AWESOME reels but I will have to pass on them.  I was thinking FW reels in partial trade for the rod and some cash.  

What part of NOVA are you in?  I have been talking to a buddy about my returning to VA for some trout fishing.  Maybe we could hook up then.  Possibly this weekend, depending on my wife's work schedule. 

Thanks

Chris

Both reels are freshwater, ideally suited for a 4 or 5 weight.

The Abel is an AC2 (Abel Creek 2).

It's an awesome reel. The cost is comparable, I think, to a new StreamDance. (About $500 for the reel and Brook trout anodization. Plus the matching Brook trout anodized reel foot.)

Update, I just looked the reel over and can't find a single mark on it. It's is brand new condition.

Going once?

PM me when you are coming to VA.

GScott

Thanks again for the offer.  I really have to pass on the Abel and/or Tibor.  If I were to trade you the Abel for my rod I would be making out like a bandit in my opinion but... I need reels I would fish, the Abel is something I would be too afraid to scratch to actually fish with. They are great reels but not my style for trout fishing: Teton, Orvis BBS, etc. are more my speed in drab colors...

I will entertain trades for reels, SW in 8/9/10sz reels like Nautilus in full trade or FW reels in partial trade (Teton, Lamson, Ross CLA, etc).  To be honest I really need some cash off of this rod on top of a trade or I will have to sell more tackle from my closet.  I tend to put money into rods for FW and scrimp on the reels.  SW reels are a little different.

GScott, Thank you again for your more than generous trade offer but I really must pass on those reels.  Do you have another reel that might be more my speed or can you afford my asking price?

This weekend is still looking good for a road trip.

Thank you again,

Chris

Trade me for my Abel reel, sell it and buy a couple of the "beaters" you're looking for.

Offer stands, straight up for the Abel if you change your mind.

I have to work Saturday. I have no idea yet what I will get in to. I should be working but, if weather permits, I may need to take some "G" time.

Let me know what your plans are, if nothing else, it will give me an opportunity to figure out how to get that Stream Dance off your hands.

Okay,........................now you're killing me.

Ross Canyon, Big Game IV in Gold (also no longer made), rated 7, 8, 9 in fantastic condition. This may be one of the finest reels I've ever fished.

(It makes a joke of that CLA.)

(The idea of giving up my Canyon makes me feel ill, so if you're going to do it, please, be merciful and do it quick?

Did I mention I'm really interested in that Stream Dance?

Just checking.

I'm out.

GScott

PS. If the Ross, Canyon doesn't make this deal happen, there may be something wrong with you. In that event, I would recommend you seek help.:D

Haha. Seriously, this is funny.  It seems we have different tastes in tackle except the Streamdance.

There is something wrong with me.  You picked a reel that had failed me numerous times.  I owned a Gold Ross Big Game IV.  The plastic drag mechanism broke... Ross had great costumer service and repaired it.  Then the reel locked up while bonefishing, froze while steelheading and again locked up while wading for stripers...  I sold the reel not even 18months after I purchased it and Ross discontinued it shortly there after.  I do a lot of wade fishing in the salt and sometimes tight tolerances bite you in the rear (at least it bit mine).  To this day, I haven't bought another Ross product. In case an Evolution is another product you might trade I am not interested, similar story only they belong to friends.  Another reel, not interested in is a Vortex.  I own one, haven't fished it, and don't know if I want it.  It would make a great boat reel but my yak doesn't fit that bill.

I know you want this rod.  I kinda want this rod gone.  To be clear this rod is not a GLX, and I believe it ran me $385 brand new from a fly shop up the road.  So your Abel was too generous and I really don't want to trade for something that I'll need to sell/trade again.  Selling equip can be a real pain.  I can come down some on the asking price if that helps you purchase this rod. 

My plans for this weekend are up in the air.  My buddy in VA doesn't think he can make the Mtns this weekend.  So a trip down there solo could still happen but only if I am selling/trading this rod.  Otherwise, I am fishing this weekend somewhere in PA and sleeping in my car Saturday night near one of my destinations.  This weekend I will be seeking help and meditation streamside.

Thanks

Chris

Below is one of the maybe two photos I have of that BG.  This is a digital shot taken of a film picture.  The only other picture I think have of that BG 4 is in a frame with me holding a Horse-eye Jack.  So far, I look like a genuine pain in the rear.  I did own the BG IV, I think this is the second biggest fish I caught on that reel and that night it performed well.  Still, my confidence was shaken not once but three times with that reel.  I cannot accept yours in trade. Plenty of people love them but they are not for me.

If you absolutely have to trade and cannot buy the rod from me. Does the Abel Come with a case, original box and paperwork? Solid Frame? Large Arbor? A picture would be great. I can call a couple fly shops and see what kind of credit they'll give me for the reel.  You said it is in new condition? Has it been used?  The spool, frame and foot have been anodized with the Brook trout?  Let me know what soon if I am to pull off a trip to VA this weekend.  I am fishing tomorrow evening and at a funeral on Thursday. Sometime in there I would try to get my calls in.  I don't want the reel in house unless it already has a home somewhere else.

<br />

Any interest in a trade of the Streamdance for a Nautilus FW7 with a used once Airflo Ridge WF7F line? Te reel is black with the red drag housing. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Spnyfish,  That Nautilus is it the FW7 or FW7+?  The plus would be on the handle.  I own a first run FW7+ with the black drag module and LOVE the reel. The drag doesn't put up much resistance but it has served me well.  Right now, I am without a 7wt rod, plan to remedy before summer ends if i can sell some rods.  In case you can't tell, I like your offer but I don't know if the timing is right. Where are you located and can I get back to you in a couple days?

Thanks

Chris

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0