Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Fish finders????

2 posts in this topic

FIrst of all, I am in the market for a Kayak. I used my father in laws kayak last fall while in Greenport for one reason... my surf rod wouldnt reach the fish I saw breaking 200 yards off shore, I got in the yak, and buried bluefish on a stradic 2000 with 8lb test and a light glass rod.. WHAT A BLAST... Im hooked...

Anyway, that leads me to my question.. is there a way to rig basic electronics on the yak? I might wanna have a depth finder/fish finder on board... is this possible??? If so, can you give me some clues on how to do it???

If you could, what a great way to get right on top of that structure you wanted to fish. Or you could be crusing/trolling and all of a sudden you wanna jig a nice drop off you didnt know about, etc...

Thanks,

BC

BC - welcome to the board. The answer to your question is a resounding yes. Many kayak fisherman have fish finders mounted on their yaks. I'm planning on getting one this spring. For lots of great info check out Barrells excellent article entitled "Kayak Fishing Secrets". Then come on back and fire away your questions.

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 12-21-2001).]