Two more enter the ranks

Well, after looking things over for awhile, picking peoples brains and talking with barrell at the AC show, me and Surfnhorns finally took the plunge. We met with barrell again this morning and test rode the ones we were interested in. We both ended up going with the "aircraft carriers" AKA, Fish N' Dive. First of all let me tell you, it was cold out there at 7:30 this morning. cwm24.gif It was the first time in a yak for both of us and we both faired well. Originally I was going to go with the Explorer but after paddling the F&D it was no contest. I liked the extra room and stability. I actually was able to go faster in it and control it better than the Explorer. I also thought it was no problem to lift and carry contrary to what some believe. "girly men" tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

We're looking forward to getting our first fish in the Yaks! I'm sure we'll be on this forum more often to pick some more brains. wink.gif By the way, barrell remarked I was the skinniest guy who ever boat a F&D from him. cwm13.gif

------------------

usa_4.gifirish.gif

on the good side of the grass.....

I'm thinkin yer gona have fun in them smile.gif.

I've had mine out 6 times so far, found pepe 2 times, not bad considering I got mine in January biggrin.gif.

I took the new and improved version out yesterday. All the little gadgets & creature comforts are well worth the time to install. Got a 2 good bumps and one side ways run with the line, but swings and misses followed. But it's the middle of February, how could anyone complain.

I spent quite a bit of time doing searches in this forum, and if I did not find the answer I was looking for I'd ask. Always got a response or reason why I shouldn't do it that way smile.gif.

And another good thing is think about all the new rods yer going to need for your new ride biggrin.gif. My Lami blem came today.....

I do believe a get together is in order real soon.

------------------

Ed J

edj@stripersonline.com

If everyone is interested, we could have one heck of a Fling on the Susquehanna Flats for the Catch and Release season on Stripers. I would gladly organize everything. The season opens on March 15th, there is a licsense required, $15.00 for out of state, but good for whole year and the entire Chesapeake Bay.I'll try and dig up the pics from the trip Porter and I made last year. Definately worth the drive and I'm sure I could put a couple folks up for the night that are traveling long distance.

Yo Hatman!!

Welcome to the club!biggrin.gif

Now the fun REALLY starts!

"Do I need an anchor?"

"Where should I put the rod holder(S)?

"What type rod holder?"

"What type anchor?"

"Should I get a FishFinder?"

"Alright! I'll get one. Which one? Where should I put it?"

"Oh no! I gotta drill holes in the hull!"cwm31.gif

"How big a drift sock do I need?"

"Maybe I'll just use a bucket."

"What should I wear?"

"Bodysuit or breathable waders?"

"Bodysuit...farmer john or shorty?"

"Waders.....bootfoot?"

"What type of PFD?"

"Can I still swim?"

"Do I have a will?"

On & on & on & on!!!!!!!cwm14.gif

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!cwm12.gif

Cool! Congrats! We have quite a cobra fleet building here! I just got mine in early January...made 3 trips so far, One "shakedown cruise" and two fishing trips resulting in 5 captured pickerel...I love it! White Cobra Explorer.

I plan to expand to a Navigator(oh...and gadgets..lots of gadgets) sometime soon so I can bring my girlfriend and family and friends along. Gonna be a great year!

Yak8.jpg

[This message has been edited by DougC (edited 02-18-2002).]

My Wife just caught me talking to my new FND in the garagebiggrin.gif She shook her head and went

back insideCwm12 Can't wait to get out there

and catch some fish!! Hatman and I were like 2 little kids at Christmassanta.giftoday! Thank you Santa,I mean BARREL!Mullet,Were definately interested so let us know when.

SURFNHORNS