Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joev

Weekend Plans

30 posts in this topic

Ok its Wednesday and I got to try and figure out whats going on this weekend.I gotta let my boss know .I post this every week to try and get people to network .Also the water is starting to cool off and its much safer to yak with someone.So who is gonna be yakking this weekend ?I know joey is hungry for some albies and I wouldnt mind hooking up with one of those missles.So lets hear from you guys as to whats going on.Oh ya looks likes the low temps for the am will be in the high 30s to low 40s so make sure ya dress accordingly and be safe. joev

Hey joev.After I fished with you guys on sat.I did a marathon till 4:00 the next morning.Boy did I have the skunk on.I pulled out every trick I had In three diff. spots and did not see so much as a minnow break the glass calm waters.I am just getting over the sleep thing and plan on hitting some back bay spots when this blow starts on thursday.Will let you guys know how I do.

Doug

I am thinking, maybe Norwich on the Thames River might be sheltered enough for some decent fishing.I read a few reports of bass there along with hick shad .Also heard of a couple large bass on live lined hick shad.Anyone got any ideas? joev

I went out of Norwich harbor and trolled the river with a boat friend, down to Mohegan Sun, on Tuesday morn.. Caught a bunch of Blues and a few small Stripers. Saw a lot of birds working the shallows, except with a boat the water was to littered with rocks and pilings to reach safely. We did get to one area though and found a school of 20" stripers. Pretty good action near the state hospital for Blues.

Joev,

Is that "DASBOOT" Mike?

If so, I am still gungho for Sunday but the

reports I am hearing are not encouraging.

I am NOT going out if I'm going to be miserable fighting wind and whitecaps!!

Tide is incoming in early AM.

Lets see what happens.

Later....DASBOOTicon20.gif

Well, I guess it is like anywhere else. The fish are in the river, but where they turn up is the question. I am going to try to go out on Fri. and/or Sunday. I was thinking of trying to catch some blackfish around the Niantic /Waterford area.

Mike

joev, we caught them on silver kastmasters and the tube and worm (fake worm). We didn't try the Shetucket River or Penoquock Cove. Pretty much just trolled the channel. We caught 99 percent of them around can #40 and #41 next to Trading Cove. There were birds working hard in the Cove, with visable fish splash. The other shore had action, as well. We stayed in the channel and trolled between the cans. We went with the tide and our poles would bend over at the same time, right as we got between the 2 cans.