Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barrell

hobie owners

9 posts in this topic

If your like me your legs burn when you first start using your outback in the spring. But after a couple weeks you have thighs of steel and feel like some bigger flippers "sails"might be in order. Well I have good news Hobie will be introducing a brand new Mirage drive in August. This baby has been redesigned from the ground up and will fit into your existing mirage slot. One of the options will be a set of much larger flippers for those who can handle that much power. The flippers will be designed so they will go on your old drive unit. I cant wait! Ive clocked the old ones with the wind at 4.5 miles per hour. Which is smokin especialy since you can drink cofee while cruising at that speed. The new flippers should be capable of some amazing speeds. I tried gluing rubber roofing to my small flippers last year to make them bigger but the contact cement only held for about 15 minutes.

Barrell

we stock all the replacement parts for the current mirage drive. Sails are only $18 per so if the new ones slide right on your current stainless shafts the price should be close.

barrell

Wow! I thought it would be more than that. Let us know when you get them in (August) I'll buy a pair from you if you can ship them to Ct.

Hmmm... might be in time for my vacation in Maine.

Thanks again.

They are not going to affect the draft they are making them wider but not longer. They are intoducing the new system at the trade show in August they may not be avalable to purchase until fall or later.

Barrell

I tested a Hobie paddle drive last week and they do move, but the thing that really impressed me was that you could spin it on the dime. The turning radius is amazing. Pretty cool craft!