Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
backcast

Advice on doubles ?

3 posts in this topic

I'm looking to buy a two-person sit-on-top; mostly for fishing, solo or with a buddy, but will see some use just paddling around with my girlfriend too. Maybe I can get her to paddle me around while I cast, will have to work on that one. Both the Ocean Kayak and Cobra two-person models look good to me. Any thoughts ?

For two guys to fish out of a double You will both need to work together as a team. Learning how to paddle in-sync is just the first part of the equation. Personaly I like being the only Captain on board and prefer having a single. You can buy two singles for just a little more than the price of a quality double. If You and your girlfriend realy are serious about it, test paddle both combinations before you comit. As far as brands I have been a dealer for both companies and prefer the Cobra for many reasons. If You are real heavy and Your girlfriend is light there will be some problems paddling a double.

Barrell

I agree with Barrell all the way. Get 2 yaks. I just picked up my third. Got a used Explorer the other day just to have as a loaner so freinds can come along. Two guys trying to fish from a tandem will take a lot of teamwork.