Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KevinW

Sargus SG2000

4 posts in this topic

Can any of you guys give me a good review on the Sargus 2000. I am getting one this week to put on a Rainshadow XP843. Will use it for 3/8oz jigs, mirror lures and plastics. Any info would help. Saltwater fishing. Thanks

Great little reel. I had mine for over 4 years and i cant say anything bad about them. I dunked mine countless number of times and its still very smooth. I was so happy with the 2000 that i purchased the 5000 and 3000.

I think that the Sargus is one of the best, if not the best, reel for the money. You can't beat the $80-$90 pricetag on them. I've never owned a 2000, only used one while fishing the Indian River Inlet from the rocks. I own a 4000 for bay/inlet/jetty fishing and a 6000 on my 9 ft. Tica for the surf. 

Kevin, if you're gonna be fishing saltwater like you say, I'd say go with something a bit bigger. I fear that the 2000 may be a bit on the small side (that's what I felt when I used it). I'd like to get a 2000 on my bass rod. 

Best thing to do would be to go to a tackleshop and put them in your hands. A 3000 could be the ticket for you, but be sure to check out the 4k and the 2k. Hope you end up getting one though, it's a great reel.