Memorial Day Weekend Reports

I got out on Friday for the 4 day weekend .Fish gods were good to me again 8 fish with 4 going 36-38 inches and the rest 30 + inches .Got 4 in the yak and 4 yak wading.

lg_smile.gif

I love those 8 fish Fridays

JoeV

------------------

Always Wishin I Was Yak Fishin

Whats better than a 8 fish Friday ?

How about a 17 fish Sunday.No rats .Only 2 fish under 30 .About 28-29 inches .Most fish were in the 34-36 inch range.A couple going close to 40.

It was my best yak day ever .

Meet up with JimW and a friend DaveS at 3 am on Sunday .For me I did not sleep and pulled a all nighter.Well we hit all the regular spots and each picked up a couple of bass.DaveS left and Jim and I continued fishing .We got caught in a thunderstorm and hid underneath a bridge for a while.Then JimW called it the day.So me being me decided to keep on fishing.I have been experminting with different techniques and all I can saw is finally hit the nail on the head.I actually had to avoid the boat guys who were hounding me trying to figure out what I was doing .They repeatedly came over to one of many spots and started fishing after they saw me land a fish .So I would hit another spot and hook up again.Then a different boat would come over and do the same .At one point I had to beach the yak and wait for the boats to clear and give up .They went fishless.So after fishing for 10 hours and not sleeping for 48 hours called it the day.Had a crowd at the boat launch wanting to talk to me .They got nothing.Its amazing how much time you can put into a spot and miss the obvious stuff.So if ya know fish are around and ya not catching .Start to experiment could make the diffence between a 2 fish day wich I was gonna have or a 17 fish day like I did .Oh Ya one more thing

lg_smile.gif

JoeV

Oh ya Eelball my #'s just went up .

------------------

[This message has been edited by joev (edited 05-27-2002).]

I knew you'd do that Bubba, glad I went home this time, there's a lot of fishing left.

Oh. and you better start posting some pictures. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by JimW (edited 05-27-2002).]

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

I hear that, JonS, but who can keep up with a guy who's on the water fishing 30 hours a weekend?

"I have ... put a lump of ice into an equal quantity of water ...  if a little sea salt be added to the water we shall produce a fluid sensibly colder than the ice was in the beginning, which has appeared a curious and puzzling thing to those unacquainted with the general fact."- Joseph Black

Jim I hope I can get my wife out there and get some pics this weekend .Its killing me not to have pics of these fish.Jim it was only 36 hours of yakking this weekend (Friday & Sunday ).Someone has to do it wink.gif

JoeV

------------------

My wife was really pleased with herself on her first yak outting this weekend. I'd bring her along, too, if you can tell me what the stage of the water is going to be in advance. Conditions like they were Sunday would be great but I wouldn't put in there with it raging along. (Like you know it can) Did those you took in the dark Sunday not come out?