Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eelball

How's your spring rate?

9 posts in this topic

Just wondering how everybody's been doing so far this spring?

The Fluke don't appear to be as good as last year, so far.

I still haven't got my first weakie yet. BUT, I got 64 Stripers since March 1 so far, and have not stepped foot in a motor powered boat yet.

It's been beddy, beddy, goo to me.

eelball

[This message has been edited by eelball (edited 05-12-2002).]

The few times I've been able to sneak out so far have been "beddy beddy good". smile.gif No scent of skunk yet and the stripers have all been nice and fat. Looking to get out again this week and hopefully run into some weakies and blues.

------------------

yueng.gifneeds_a_shave.gif

"Killin' And Grillin"

Not a bad year so far; certainly not the type of numbers that Eelball is talking about, but I've only gotten out 7 times since March. Let's see, first time kayak fishing, first kayak striper, and biggest striper ever (on a fly to boot!); I'd have to rank it high. Only one skunk on 7 trips isn't bad either, especially considering my rookie kayak status. Now it's on to trout in VA Beach next weekend; can it get any better?

I have done about equal time in fresh & salt this spring, fresh has been better for me so far. I have caught a few S. bass on the yak in the back but overall it hasn't been too good yet. I think south jersey may be a bit better than up here with all that skinny water, sod banks & bridges (at least that's how it looked to me when I was down there with eelball last year). However I have not spent any time up in the raritan & I am getting very busy soooo, we will see. Maybe I just need to learn the back areas up here a bit more too, we'll see maybe tonight.

Been a good spring. Slowed down last week, been taking them out of the freezer instead of puttin them in. Didn't count the fish, all I know is that I was happy with what I was catching. Thank you Eelball.

It's been okay... I just wish that I could make it out more often. My best outing so far was this Saturday, on the Navesink. First legal striper of the year (released), and almost non-stop action with 2-4 lb. blues. This season has been fished exclusively with the fly rod... perhaps not as effective at times, but it's just way more fun for me.

[This message has been edited by Tiberius (edited 05-13-2002).]

the only thing ive caught is bunker, but i've only been out on my kayak three times and was mostly playing with the kayak..did live line a huge bunker that was chomped in half but missed the hook...oh well smile.gif