Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ErikT

Raritan Show....

5 posts in this topic

24th-26th I think.. Anyone going or been there before? Curious if the different manufacturers have booths and products or if it is more vendors with a variety of stuff..

Thanks,

ErikT

Are you talking about Paddlesport/Paddlefest, can't remember the name? If so, its not really a show. NJ paddler rents out the hall and has all its vendors there, just its vendors and no others. So, if they don't sell it, there'll be no vendor there. I went once and that was enough, your basically shopping in their store only on a larger scale and they're gonna charge ya 10 bucks to do it. IMO You'd be better off taking a road trip to a kayak shop that caters to fishermen and doesn't charge ya to walk into the store. my 2 cents

That's what I was thinking it was nanz. You are exactly right about the whole deal, although I did get and unbelievable deal on a carbon fiber paddle by Mitchell last time I went. The rep put the paddle in a shipping bag that had a price tag on it that was about 1/2 the regular price biggrin.gif . I didn't realize the mistake until I was out in the parking lot stowing my gear. rolleyes.gif

When I started looking at getting a yak for fishing I went there to look. I had paddled a Cobra on vacation and wanted to talk to someone about fishing from it. They flat out lied to me and told me that Cobra's were no good, and were going out of business.

Thank be the next place I went to was Barrells.

If ya got nothing else to do on a rainy weekend.... But I would not buy from them.