Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
surfshn

Looking for De members "new kayak fishing club"

35 posts in this topic

I've been looking into forming a De. kayak fishing club,and I'm in the process of talking to some of the members of established kayak fishing clubs to get some ideas.I'm looking for people who may be interested.I know you guys & gals are out there,the bigger the response, the better.

HappyWave.gif UPDATE HappyWave.gif

So far we are seven strong! I think I'm going with the name Delaware Kayak Fishing Association or DKFA

for short.I'm also currently working on the logo.I spoke with Cory from TKAA in Va. Beach today.He gave me quite a few suggestions on where to go from here.First we need a set of by-laws,and he suggested I copy TKAA's and just change the club name where applicable (in process).I also put another post on the Delmarva Fishing forum today.I think we may get a few responses from there also.I'm also looking for a location to hold our monthly meetings(first meeting possibly in March).Please Email or PM your name & location, so I can look for a central meeting place,so no one has to travel any long distance.I check the forum daily,and I'll be putting out weekly updates.I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks, Ray

Ray, love the idea but I'm in SE PA. About 2 hours from Rehobeth but would love to do some yak fishing down there with a group. I may not be able to make too many monthly meetings but if you're looking for someone to join up and come down there to yak fish a few times a year I'm in.

Keep us posted.

Thanks

Ray,

Sent you a PM. I live on IR Bay and fish around the inlet a lot. Would love to get together with a group to try some of the other local areas. I fish a hobie outback.

Hey Gentlemen thats great getting a kayak fishing club started. We got one down here in Va Beach called TKAA. We have a website and everything. We are planning on having a few fishing tournaments this year with a big tourney this fall. Would be nice to see some another club show up and fish along with us or even come upo there and get up with some of you guys to see how you fish up that way. Good Luck cant wait to meet some of you. Hoosierboy.

Looks like we're becoming a club! Sorry I haven't posted anything recently.Got tied up with a bunch of other crap. The logo is close to being finished. Will post it here sometime next week.I've got the by-laws printed up.Now I'm on a mission for a meeting place.Although, the Sierra Club,Dover chapter, has some guys that kayak fish and they meet the first Thurs. of every month, starting in March.We've been invited to join them.Sounds like a good place to start,at least until we get organized,and get out on our own.Let me know what you guys think,and like I said, I'm open to suggestions. Headin' south tomorrow night to pick up my Tarpon 120.I'll be checking in on Monday.Have a good weekend!