Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry Mac

New on the board.

32 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon fellow Yak fisherman, Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you guys that this is a great board. It's my forth year fishing the salt in my Perception Swing

and I must say that I can't stop thinking of new ways to rig up and pursue Stripers, Redfish, Weakies, Flounder, or whatever else swims the shallows or deep. Keep up the great work with ideas and ways to improve Yak fishing, It has make me re-consider some of my thinking and saved me from making some bad ideas. Talk to you soon, Terry

Hey Jim, I fish for them at the Outer Banks:

Oregon inlet, Diamond Shoals, Okracoke Island.

For the large Reds,I usually keep my eyes on the skiff fisherman when I am surf fishing. When I see them on a school, I make a beach launch and hook them up with gator spoons or larger hopkins.

What a blast, landed four 40 pound + class in one outing last April. Otherwise there are plenty of puppy drum willing to hit metals or twister tail grubs. I usually paddle 20 or 30 yards to the edge of the rough water and cast into it with a slow retrieve or jig up off the bottom. If they are there you are on fish!!!!!!!

Terry, welcome to SOL. Thrilled to have you here. As you've already seen we have a good bunch of passionate kayak fisherman and our numbers are growing very quickly. Lots of new guys joining the sport.

I haven't done this in the past but I figure that its a good place to start. How'd you learn about our little corner of the web.

Hi JohnS and Porter,

I have been reading this forum for about a year. If I remember correctly, Your site was mentioned on Fishmojo.com on the Mowire.

I linked up and noticed the Kayaking Forum, I was hooked!!! It's the best message board on kayaking that I have found to date. Your crew definitely sounds like they know the sport.

Porter, I am paddling a sunset orange Perception Swing. I will be giving the Reds another shot the week of 04/27 at the banks.

Talk to ya soon....Terry

Hmm, guess not. I don't remember ever running into a Swing paddler down there. If the Susquehanna flats have gone dry by then, I may also be down there chasing reds at the end of April. I've never gotten a large one from the yak and it's high on my list.

Glad you've found our corner of the web to your liking. This site a great level of correspondence, true quality stuff when compared to most other sites.

Are you thinking about joining the "Fling on the Flats?" The more the merrier, and it's not a bad drive for you at all.

Chris

That sounds like a good outing,(S.Flats) I will re-read that thread regarding details.

I usually fish the Conawingo discharge for shad, how far is that from the meeting spot?