Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Mike Wells aka Lab aka Seasonivy - Rest In Peace

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

I unfortunately never met Mike but he seemed like a great guy and good fun to fish with.

I Always really enjoyed his posts here and man he put up some

nice catches.

I feel for Mike and his family, but Im downright angry. What a bunch of animals we live with. Hard working guy getting out of work trying to make a living.. This society is effed.

Very sorry to hear. He was a great guy and a pleasure to talk to the few times that I met him fishing or picking up whiteleggers from him. Such a shame that this could happen. Rest in peace Mike. :(

about 10 years ago, when I was new to the boards, I met Mike (finally in person on the NK2) after talking to him here on the BFF for a while. After getting in a few lively discussions about chumming for flounder with Jerry at the helm - we hit it off. I was awarded for my laughable floundering skills with a Shocker hoodie (still have it)!

I can't count how many tog trips we've made, whether it was on the Put Up or Shut Up charters he did or driving to DE to fish the Bandit or other charters with Jerry on the Monger. He would laugh when I would come straight from a date, still dressed up from the night before and throwing my skins and grundens over my going out clother (with LAB you could just imagine)

With Mike - there was never a dull moment! His demeanor would make you angry some times, of laugh other times till you were pi$$ing in your pants :D

I am very sad to see Mike go. I was in such a fog yesterday after hearing about this and I still don't think it has hit home yet. Such a tragic loss for Tom (Bobber), Jerry, and probably a lot of other guys here. So sad! There will never be another like him!

[ATTACHMENT=9022]shocker.jpg (127k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=9023]FinS Guy Bob.jpg (74k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=9024]PUOSU%203%20ALL%20WINNERS.jpg (47k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

whoa, Sorry to hear this tragic news about Mike. Labby had a heart of gold and always came through with favors. He was as solid as they come and he will be sorely missed by many. This is unbelievable

I have faith the authorities will solve this case.

Rest Peacefully Mike and prayers sent to his family!

This seems so unreal. It is very sad. My condolances go out to all of Mike's family and friends. It is a small world sometimes. I had the pleasure of being around Mike on a few fishing boats here and there, what a funny guy, really fun to be around. I have to say that it's not just the fishing community that lost a good man. This man was very special in the lives of many people and he will be missed tremendously. Rest In Peace Mike W.

In honor of LAB... Mike Wells....

Message from his son Mick....

From Mick Wells.....

Korine Falk and Mary Jean Kane came up with the idea and put together a nonprofit fundraiser to help NJ SPCA in my fathers name. my dad adored his/our dogs, and this is a perfect way to honor his memory! thank you both so much!!!

And thanks for all who donate

http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/...-of-mike/52830

Shocking, sad and maddening. I hope they find the scumbags who did it but it will never bring Mike back. He will be missed by many and for a long time. Anyone who knew him was touched in one way or another. There are few people of his caliber given to the world, not right to lose such a great guy, even worse for it to be like this.

Well said. Mike was a great guy and is going to be missed.

I'm glad I was able to fish with Mike and hear some of his crazy stories. Still can't believe this happened. :(

I met him a few times over the years. One very memorable day on the Ocean Explore out of Belmar. He was fishing by himself and we shared a rail for the whole day. Good times and good ball breaking, caught a few fish too. I will keep fond memories of that day. I am sad to know that there will be no more.

God bless him and all he touched.

So, so sorry to hear of this :(. I didn't know Mike other than his posts here, but one always hates to hear things like this. From the above comments, I guess I missed out by never meeting him in person.

My condolences go out to his family and all of his friends.

Mike was a great guy. My son and I fished next to him on one of the SOL Tog Flings. My kid remembers him fondly as he (Mike) helped him get the knack in the way only he could. After that trip my son was well versed in the art of ball bustin :)

I recall offering Mike a beer to which he looked at me and said "I don't drink, imagine THIS on alcohol!" Great laughs. He will be missed by many, may he rest in peace and hopefully over the best bottom there is.