Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonS

Demo Day

26 posts in this topic

We're havng a demo day this Saturday. I'm sayng we because I'm getting a bunch of much appreciated help. I assembled my trailer but they didn't send a bill of sale so it can't be registered until then. So my carrying capacity is diminished. A bunch of the guys are going to bring their Cobras so I can bring other kayaks. So I'd like to thank salth20fly, Ken L, pmjasper, Bobp and RITM.

Time: 9 AM

When: Saturday, June 29th

Where: Port Monmouth

Directions: Garden State Pkwy to exit 117. Head east (towards Sandy Hook) on Rt. 36.

Take the Port Monmouth exit, Main St. and head north towards Raritan Bay. Make a left on Wilson Ave. Wilson ends at Port Monmouth Rd. Take a left and your next right is Port Monmouth Rd West. Take it to the parking lot at the end.

demo1.jpg

JonS - Count me in. Being a first time yaker, I need all the info I can get my hands on. Bring along your Bottomline 1200 side scan so I can take a look at it.

See Saturday!

Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich / In2Bass (edited 06-26-2002).]

Jon, You have any idea on long you'll be set up there? I got to work Saturday, but should be there late morning if things are still going on.

Have fun, I'll spread the word to a few people I know that are interested.

Nanz, I'll be there for a few hours at least, beyond that I couldn't say. I want to give everyone that can make it the opportunity to put the yaks through their paces and see how we rig, etc.

John, its hard to do with a FnD. Not nearly as difficult with most of the others I'll have. I will have a camera along and we can cover a lot of things. Rigging, different accessories, getting back on a kayak, etc. should be fun.

Also guys if there's anything in particular that you want me to bring let me know. I'm bringing a ton of Slammer Worns (Senko clones) as requested by Ken L. They are the hottest freshwater lure going. So let me know if there's any thing you need to see.

Bobp, make sure you bring the line counter thingy. We're going to test out the new Tica 12' surf rod. Should be interesting.

damn JPL you were this close to actually meeting me.....scared ya off huh?

Jon birn a couple differnet paddles? powerflez, and maybe a cabon fiber and glass paddle?

and and a handful of 100's I need the dough lol.

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

John, I wanted to meet you with that stogie of yours/just couldn't pull off the short notice thing.

Jon: did we know about this demo meet a while ago?

------------------

Dune%20Path.jpg

JPL, we should have one on the Island in mid July. Looks like the Niss will be the location. Joey's working on it. If you have any other suggestions let us know.

John, I'll have demos of every type I have in stock. for the FnD a wider paddle is nice and not all companies make fiberglass or carbons that wide. I can get Cannon but I only have a fiberglass sample. I will have the Lendal fiberglass and carbon fiber but they don't make them longer than 228 cm. The don't expect guys in wide kayaks to want better paddles I guess.

If you having a Demo Day at the Niss, it would be sweet if we could somehow manage a lil' fishing time in there...that area is not a bad place to fish.

Even bbetter, if it is going to be sometime in mid-July, I would like to lend a hand in anyway possible.

[This message has been edited by JoeB (edited 06-27-2002).]