Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DCVER

New to the game

2 posts in this topic

Well, thanks to JonS, I got my new(almost) Scupper in the lake yesterday, just to get the feel of it, you understand, and I couldn't get off, I enjoyed it so much. First, I was impressed by its speed and handling in the wind as opposed to a canoe. Secondly, I felt more like part of the environment, sort of like a belly boat on speed. I sat sideways to fish, and wouldnt you know that on my third cast a good smallie inhaled my little dry fly. I can't imagine what a 30" striper is gonna feel like, cant wait to try it out in the salt. Anyway, once I let my wife try it, that was it- I didnt see her for most of the afternoon, then my kids who just wanted to see how fast they could go. All in all, I was quite impressed. I do need to rig up a system to hold the paddle that works better than sliding it under the hatch straps. An anchor system seems like something I should get. Jon, get me your address so I can mail you the 10 I owe you and thanks again for all your.

Another convert. I agree with a float tube on speed. I've only used my tube once since I got into yaks. Looks like you may need some more biggrin.gif yaks. That's how it happened with me. I have come definate ideas how I would rig up both clips and an anchor system. Give me a call when convenient.