Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed White

Finally finished something

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Busy winter, hard to find time or motivation to hit the man-cave, but Spring is calling so I'm in hurry-up mode to get some stuff done while there's still time.

Here's a couple of Danny's, green one is mine, Herring pattern is a Rockfish9 design, if I had to pick the better swimmer, sadly, it's his.

But I've been working for a while to get a Danny to give me the action I want, this is the closest I've come so far.

Another Rockfish Danny and a Rockfish Eelie, the Eelie has a very nice weave thru the water.

A couple of 40's, 1 in Sky and 1 in Herring with glitter. I've never owned or fished a 40, so I put a lot of stress on the search button here and on other sites to come up with this general layout.....7-1/2", 3/0 hooks, one 00 shot just rear of the balance point, I'm pretty happy with the way they swim, "S" pattern with a bit of roll, I hope the big bait comes to the beaches this Spring.

Plugs look great, beatiful epoxy finish!

Try a pikie 1 lip on the danny, that is how I do mine, gives them a nice subsurface swim, I like to keep the danny body very light so it stays in the upper 6" (sub surface), will stay on the surface retrieved slowly, with not as much roll as with the danny lip.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I have more to finish, but fishing starts tonight, so........

Goo Goo Man, I have some more danny bodies ready, I'll give the pikie1 lip a try. I have some 7-1/2" swimmers ready for clear with pikie 2's, those pikie lips work with a wide variety of stuff.