Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Master Debaiter

Alzheimer's Awareness

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Just wanted to take a moment to share the loss of my mother inlaw who passed away on April 1st and was laid to rest today. She was always good to me for the 15 years I knew her. My family and I sacrificed a lot for 10 years but she was a fighter till the end.She was loved by many and will be missed. She will always be in my heart... Rest in Peace.

Sorry for your family's loss. We lost my mother to Alzheimer's two years ago (although we really lost the person she was a while before that). It is a horrible, horrible disease. My mother was an amazing, vibrant woman and the matriarch of the family. As the disease stole her from us a bit at a time over a period of years, I didn't know how we would ever get through it, but our family did, as did yours.

Try to take comfort that she is now in peace and your family's struggle is finally done. Keep the good memories of her alive - the memories before she got sick. The disease may have consumed the final years of her life but it was only a small part of her life in total and doesn't define who she was.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Peace,

Robert

im so sorry. i lost my grandfather last fall. i know sending my prayers isn't enough, but she is in a better place now. she no longer has to suffer. i wish the best for you and your family.

Visiting my Mom at the Nursing home I speak to many who are afflicted. It is very sad. Fortunately Mom pretty much has all her faculties, it is the rest of her that has pretty much given up.

Bless,

Cabo

My condolences to all of you. :(

-Kevin

Just wanted to take a moment to share the loss of my mother inlaw who passed away on April 1st and was laid to rest today. She was always good to me for the 15 years I knew her. My family and I sacrificed a lot for 10 years but she was a fighter till the end.She was loved by many and will be missed. She will always be in my heart... Rest in Peace.

Sorry for your loss.

My FIL  is in a dementia care resedence. Yesterday he called twice. First he said he was at the Phillies game and he could not find his keys then he called to say he could not find his car and the Phills were playing a double header. I hope he enjoyed the game it was a good one. You just got to laugh.

Sorry for your loss.

My FIL  is in a dementia care resedence. Yesterday he called twice. First he said he was at the Phillies game and he could not find his keys then he called to say he could not find his car and the Phills were playing a double header. I hope he enjoyed the game it was a good one. You just got to laugh.

Its the only solution to counter the sadness.