Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squidlips

Man buys poodles, finds out they're giant rats pumped up with steroids.

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

fantastic. can we read more about it?

The story is lame.

An Argentinian man who thought he bought a pair of poodles at an outdoor market recently discovered that the animals were ferrets pumped up on steroids, according to The Daily Mail.

When the man returned home, he took the animals to the vet for their vaccinations.

Medical staff confirmed that the animals had been given steroids at birth to increase their size and then had some extra grooming to make their coats resemble a fluffy poodle.

This one goes in to my collection of greatest thread titles.

fantastic. can we read more about it?

The story is lame.

An Argentinian man who thought he bought a pair of poodles at an outdoor market recently discovered that the animals were ferrets pumped up on steroids, according to The Daily Mail.

When the man returned home, he took the animals to the vet for their vaccinations.

Medical staff confirmed that the animals had been given steroids at birth to increase their size and then had some extra grooming to make their coats resemble a fluffy poodle.

my brother had a couple of ferrets

I thought my rats were friendlier

ripped on steroids?

crazy eyes wants some meat

now

OK Hormones 101 is now in session.

Steroids will give you big muscles and initially give you a growth spurt, but they also cause the growth plates on your bones to solidify and become inactive - in other words, steroids make you stop growing. It's because of all those steroids going on that people stop growing when they're around 20 or so (yes, when they used to make eunuchs the eunuchs were taller). And yes, high school steroid abusers can end up short.

So, if you gave a rat 'roids from birth, it would be a very muscular but very small rat. More like mighty mouse than a poodle.

Same would be true for ferrets, although I'm not quite sure how we got from rats to ferrets.

Geeezzz.......I almost believed it for a minute there.

Yes, but based on the lipid bi-layer of the cells it would change based in the age. Yes, the steroids at birth is false, but the cell function of the babies is different then that of a human, or that of a teenager. Keep in mind these animals have to grow at a very fast rate in order to stay alive. The cell function would be different. And don't forget there are multiple types of steroids. In Delaware, we use 'steroids' to get our chickens bigger at a younger age with much more meat. So this story is plenty legitimate.

but the cell function of the babies is different then that of a human, or that of a teenager. .

ergo...........teenagers are not humans? :huh:

seems plausible though, especially in Delaware.