Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PJ_JUMPER

Kayak show

7 posts in this topic

pj , hi bud . the show is put on by jersey paddler in brick nj . Its held at the summerset convention center off rt 287 . I went last year anything you want is there . may be I`ll see you at the show .jw

Its a sales event put on by a kayak dealer. You will get to see lots of things though. Kayak fishing gear will be very weak if its anything like years past though. I like it cause I get to see a lot of stuff and network with the Reps.

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

You can sit in them but that's it. The first major demo day is in June in Lakewood. Unfortunately SOTs were scarce. They are the orphan child of the kayak industry. Barrel will be there with Cobras for certain. WS will have the Tarpons, even though they didn't last year and then OK round them out. I was hoping to try the Perceptions but they didn't bring SOTs.

When KFS does demo days there are at least 3 makers represented and the regulars bring down their yaks so we get a bunch more too. Plus you get to see how everyone rigged them including me as all my demos are fished regularly by someone I know wink.gif .

------------------

baja55@optonline.net

Just got back a little while ago. There was an inflatable pool with 2 kayaks in it, but no one was in them. Don't remember if they were showing off the yaks of the pool. Lotsa stuff, pretty kewl. Might head back tomorrow.

------------------

beezer