Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quonny

What pound test mono

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have made a couple posts recently, and the responses have been great. Thank you all for your help.

Now, one last question. I have a Daiwa Lexa 300HL coming and I need to spool it. I have gotten a lot of input on braid vs. mono, and types of mono. I have narrowed it down to I am going to try the ande back country mono. Now, the question is 12 or 15 lb. Other than the obvious( one being stronger ), and the line diameters being a couple thousands diifference, is there any noticible difference in casting ability between 2 lines with 3 lbs of test difference? Personally, I would tend to go with 12lb, but does anybody have a reason 15 would be better? Does it make any noticible difference in casting say 3/4 oz plugs? Thanks again for all the help

I'd go with the 15#.  I use 15-20# Ande on my conventionals.  Most times 15-17#, and 20# only on my much larger reel.  Lexa 300 has a capacity of 12/240, so you'd probably have 190 or so yards if you went with the 15#.  Which is plenty as far as capacity goes.