Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barrell

still to cold

3 posts in this topic

I fished three days this week in the back bay spots and still havent hooked up. I saw a couple bass on my fish finder each time hanging two feet off the bottom but they arent goin for it yet. Usualy theese spots show a dozen or so fish in the morning. Looks like later in the month for the Brig fling.

Barrell

yo b,

do you wear your wet suit out there or do you have some better paddle wear? i've been pretty much a summer paddler, but i would like to get out there for the spring run. my wet suit is pretty uncomfortable so i was wondering what you do out there.

thanks

Ill have to confess I was in my 17 whaler since I wanted to try as many spots as possible to find the fish for everybody. In cold weather on calm water however I usually wear a pair of sweatpants and knee high rubber boots so that I can get in and out of the yak without getting my feet wet. I like to beach my yak on mudbanks and fish off the banks before moving on to try other spots. I have a cobra. They are a dry paddling yak. I also have been paddling enough years that I dont splash myself , nor is there any risk that I might flip and get soaked.

The ocean is a whole nother story. Because of waves you must always be prepared to go swimming and a wetsuit or the wader/ drytop combo that Jon uses would be needed. Wetsuit thickness and warmth vary due to materials and seam construction. There is alot more info about this on my website. www.rbbsurf.com

Barrell