Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew C.

J & J Tackle Tins

8 posts in this topic

Came across these when we cleaned my parents house out after Sandy. They've been sitting around for quite some time. Not sure what I will do with them. I remember fishing them quite a bit but to be honest don't remember catching a whole lot on them....

Good Stuff there Drew,, they are actual Tins and nothing like what is on the market as far as metal these days.. They catch, I have some Tin Squids from J&J Tackle ( which was based out of NJ in the day) that are pretty good producers...

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIGHT STRIKES View Post

Good Stuff there Drew,, they are actual Tins and nothing like what is on the market as far as metal these days.. They catch, I have some Tin Squids from J&J Tackle ( which was based out of NJ in the day) that are pretty good producers...

Steve

great producers all, still have a bunch of 8in eel tails for them somewhere

Yes J&J was stationed in Belmar, NJ. The shop was on Main St as I remember. We used to stop by to see the boys and sometimes help out. Lot's of old timers spent a few evenings there bs'in and melting tin. I can remember that was were I first met Billy MacFadden when Tony Spina took me there.

Drew, if you're not catching with them, you're not using them at the right place at the right time. When sand eels are around, you can't keep the bass off of them. Some of them, but not all look like they already have the "boardwalk bend" in them. Don't give up on them.

Yes, lots of ggod stuff there- quite a variety. polish up those keeled tins and fish them. They are a favorite for shallow sloped sand beaches.