Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yogiiiboy

SOL Freezing up ...

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Has anyone experienced SOL freezing up on their ipad and/or mobile phones? This is happening frequently to me on both these devices but not my PC...

Just wondering if this is an issue........

yes...it's been happeneing quite a bit .................. regardless of where i'm at (provider).......happened at Starbucks yesterday.............

Doesn't seem to happen if I'm on wifi...only phone data. Very annoying though. Maybe a safari thing?
that's weird......because it's happening on wifi for me.................

who do you consult when something like this happens...........

Huddler is aware of this problem and is working on it. I have to ask, though, are you using the mobile version or the desktop version?
Ok...so there is some type of problem.....thats good to know.

Well, i'm mostly on the ipad and use the desktop version.

The desktop version is all but unusable on my ipad. Its the back button, as long as you dont press it you should be good, gotta navigate by clicking through links.

The desktop version is all but unusable on my ipad. Its the back button, as long as you dont press it you should be good, gotta navigate by clicking through links.
but that's not normal ...right?? We were able to use all functions up to about 2, 3 weeks ago..........

I've had an issue on my PC at work the last few weeks myself, was starting to wonder if they put a block on SOL so I couldn't get on. Seems to be working fine so far today (finger's crossed), haven't tried from my phone as of yet!!! I'd get to the home page fine but when I went to click on a forum or select a forum Ive posted in, I'd just freeze up/time out. Hoping it'll be fine going forward as the season approaches

The latest word from Huddler on this issue:

Some of the ads are Flash and Apple/iOS has never had a good relationship with that plug-in. Again, this is not confirmed and I still have to look into it more. So far, I'm able to load desktop version just fine but it's slow. :thdwn:

They are continuing to try to rectify this problem. In the meantime, it is urged that you use the mobile version if you are using a mobile device. Yes, it has a few drawbacks such as not being able to see the stuck threads box, but it is better than having your device freeze up.

Hopefully, they will fix the issue soon, as I just alerted them that more folks are having this problem.