Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadwall8

Selfish suicide...on the cheap

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

By Pamela Sroka-Holzmann | The Express-Times

on April 07, 2013 at 7:54 PM, updated April 07, 2013 at 7:56 PM

The 54-year-old man who committed suicide Friday by fatally shooting himself at an Easton area gun shop with an indoor shooting range has been identified.

Northampton County Coroner Zachary Lysek identified the man today as Mark Murray of Alpha.

Murray shot himself with a revolver at 4:55 p.m. at The Heritage Guild at 70 Hilton St. in Williams Township, state police at Belfast said.

The report I have is Murray from Alpha, NJ, rented the gun he used to off himself. Whatever happened to doing this sort of thing in the privacy of one's own home?

:v:

Now renting guns will be the new evil of society. the excuse will be if he wasn't able to rent a gun he would be alive today. not like he could hang himself or leap off a building......... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed J View Post

I'm with the NRA, I blame this all on the video games tongue.gif

THAT'S garbage,

I am a big fan of the first person suicider games and they don't affect me at all.

Why ruin your walls and floors....Happens in Florida pretty often.

Video of Marie Moore Shooting Her Own Son Mitchel then Herself

Posted on April 7, 2009 by Vincit Omnia Veritas

Senseless shooting in which 44 year old Marie Moore shot her own son Mitchell deal took place at the Shoot Straight Gun Range in Casselberry, Florida. There has been no altercation, no argument, no shouting nothing – just two family members at the shooting range, then without any provocation whatsoever, Marie Moore pointed the revolver she had rented form the shooting range at the back of her sons head and pulled the trigger blowing a hole through his skull, killing him on the spot. After that Marie Moore placed the revolver in her own mouth and ran a bullet through her own head. 20 year old Mitchell Moore was dead on the scene, Marie Moore was taken to the Florida Hospital Altamonte with severe head trauma where she died shortly after.

Nobody knows what prompted Marie Moore to shoot her own son and herself. She never left any suicide note or anything and according to other people who were using adjacent shooting lanes, the two were getting along fine while there were there with absolutely nothing indicating a problem. It was a normal Sunday afternoon at the range. Mother and son were taking turns shooting at targets while talking to each other and chatting with other shooters at the same time. Everything is going fine and dandy then out of the blue the woman turns the gun at her son turning quiet Sunday afternoon at the shooting range into a cold-blooded murder suicide scene.

The police spoke with Charles Moore – Mitchell’s father who said he believed Marie was barred from Casselberry shooting range because of a suicide attempt from a few years back. However the police were not able to verify that information as there are no records of any such incident taking place. The police have records of Marie’s two DUI convictions.

According to Florida laws, shooting ranges are not required to perform background checks on people who bring their own guns to the range or rent guns from the range. Background checks are performed when a gun is being purchased, but not rented. Still… makes you wonder what would prompt a mother to turn a gun on her own son and pull the trigger.

Man rents gun at firing range and kills himself in second incident at same gallery in two years

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 09:11 EST, 10 April 2012 | UPDATED: 09:58 EST, 10 April 2012

Comments (10) Share

A man has committed suicide at a Florida gun range after renting a handgun and turning the weapon on himself.

According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office in Orlando, 56-year old Kevin Rea shot himself in the 'upper body’ at 4.45 p.m at The Shooting Gallery at 2911, W. 39th Street, near to John Young Parkway.

He was was rushed to Orlando Regional Medical Centre and pronounced dead after emergency workers were unable to save his life.

The Shooting Gallery: Where 56-year old Kevin Rea shot himself in the 'upper body' with a hired weapon and subsequently died

His name was not immediately released by officials because his relatives had not been informed.

It has been reported that the man was the only patron at the range when he turned the gun on himself.

Business owners near to the Shooting Gallery expressed their shock at the tragic event.

Tragic: This is the second incident of its type in two years at The Shooting Gallery in Orlando

'In the 11 years that I have been here, there have only been three occurrences and this is the third one,’ said Art Tomlinson, a local bail bonds business owner to NBC’s Wesh.com .

'You never know who you have coming in to do the shooting and it’s hard to check them out as far as mental capacity.

'That would cost a business quite a bit of money to check out and evaluate people.’

The shooting occurred at 4.45 p.m and officials from Orlando Regional Medical Centre could not save Mr Rea

This is the second suicide at The Shooting Gallery involving hired guns in the past two years.

In August 2010, Ryan Scurlock shot his girlfriend and then went to The Shooting Gallery, rented a handgun, fired some rounds and then turned the gun on himself.

Second time in two years: In August 2010 Ryan Scurlock shot and killed his girlfriend before traveling to The Shooting Gallery and hiring a gun and shooting himself with it

Since 2009, Florida officials said that there have been nearly a dozen examples of shooting deaths at gun ranges.

By Pamela Sroka-Holzmann | The Express-Times

on April 07, 2013 at 7:54 PM, updated April 07, 2013 at 7:56 PM

The 54-year-old man who committed suicide Friday by fatally shooting himself at an Easton area gun shop with an indoor shooting range has been identified.

Northampton County Coroner Zachary Lysek identified the man today as Mark Murray of Alpha.

Murray shot himself with a revolver at 4:55 p.m. at The Heritage Guild at 70 Hilton St. in Williams Township, state police at Belfast said.

The report I have is Murray from Alpha, NJ, rented the gun he used to off himself. Whatever happened to doing this sort of thing in the privacy of one's own home?

:v:

This has happened before.

Also: IIRC, a person at an indoor shooting range deliberately shot another person.

It is sad. It goes on though. I think that murder is sadder than suicide. Not that I am for one or the other, but to me murder is more selfish than suicide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skiddd View Post

Now renting guns will be the new evil of society. the excuse will be if he wasn't able to rent a gun he would be alive today. not like he could hang himself or leap off a building......... naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I can hear Fienstein now!

It is sad. It goes on though. I think that murder is sadder than suicide. Not that I am for one or the other, but to me murder is more selfish than suicide.

How is murder more selfish then suicide? I think suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do.